Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,692 Posts
You'd think they'd just stamp it right on their super secret helix's. Kinda mean of them they don't!
-Grover

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
grover said:
You'd think they'd just stamp it right on their super secret helix's. Kinda mean of them they don't!
-Grover
[snapback]709695[/snapback]​
I thought they used Dalton helixes, perhaps they machine the pitch numbers off. Oh well I guess it's not againste the law to make money. Thanks for trying.

·
10,692 Posts
Rider_X said:
grover said:
-Grover
[snapback]709695[/snapback]​
I thought they used Dalton helixes, perhaps they machine the pitch numbers off. Oh well I guess it's not againste the law to make money. Thanks for trying.

[snapback]710057[/snapback]​
I know Joey has his done by Dalton, but it nothing even close to something that would be sitting on the shelf. Totall custom job designed by him, way different! Dalton can't even produce it for someone else. Had one in my '03 800, totally changed my sled! Waiting on his roller kit for my '06. There are alot of others that run "off the shelf" stuff.
-Grover

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good I just know that when I used to buy clutch kits for my polaris they sold all dalton stock helixes and weights you could buy over the counter as well as springs. I'm glad to see that somebody is actually improving on these and is earning our money. Thank you for the input....And keep up the good work you clutch gods. I will be buying one today.

·
10,692 Posts
If you haven'y done so check out Joey's website alot of good info there other than his kit stuff. mxzx-revzone.com
-Grover

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
grover said:
If you haven'y done so check out Joey's website alot of good info there other than his kit stuff. mxzx-revzone.com
-Grover
[snapback]710393[/snapback]​
I did and I would say it was the most informative web site about clutching that I have seen. I am under time restraints so I could not take the chance of buying a kit out of Canada and getting held up by customs. I was however able to find a Cudney kit through kj motorsports.com. shipped monday here by wed. $292 with shipping. Sounds good to me I priced out a home grown kit and for helix, pin weights, primary spring, secondary spring around the same price. I like that the Cudney kit comes with a secondary spring as well the only thing that concearns me is the pin weights. Not sure how they operate long pins and short pins but I will see. Also looks like his helixes are teflon I would assume this would be a plus as long as I doesnt run hot and give me teflon headaches.

I'll let you know how things turn out

Just want to thank everyone for there help in making this decision.....Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts