Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the scenario;

Put new 3D arms in the sled, 10 gram pins, 3.5g weight in position #1, 2.5 in position #4. First pull over rev to 8500. Click down to #2 and turn shockwave out 1/2 turn. Still over rev with RPM's dropping tank the recovering. Click to #1 and turn SW another 1/2 turn. Still over reving but not hitting rev limiter.

Now I take it to the mountain and about 500' up the climb the RPM's drop way off.

Go back to the truck and add 2.5g pin weight. back to clicker #2 and this time it runs right up the mountain, come down and and try again and the RPM's fall off again. Stop for awhile, turn SW in 1 full turn and hit the hill again, RPM's fall off.

Head back to the truck again, "edit for bad language" I'm going across the flats I notice the throttle response is sluggish and there's a mid range bog. Worst clutching I've ever experienced.

Take the clutch off and observe this, what's wrong?

Attachments

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,408 Posts
maybe im blind but i dont see a roller?pic is a bit fuzzy and can only see the pin

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe im blind but i dont see a roller?pic is a bit fuzzy and can only see the pin
We have a winner!

Yup, complete bonehead move on my part, forgot the rollers. I put the rollers on and WOW what a difference it made.
Big big difference in throttle responce and performance. Flew up the mountain like a turbo charged sled.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, all three were missing. That's what happens when you reclutch at 10 pm after a bottle of Cab Franc.

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,408 Posts
at least you knew better than to keep driving and end up with a exploded clutch thread

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How do these new arms compare to toms heavy arm setup?
They're better.

They let you add weight at different levels on the arm, there are seven different levels and unlimited weight variations. You don't add any weight to the pins, just use the 10g pins and add weight to the arm. Up shift and back shift are crazy.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Yes, all three were missing. That's what happens when you reclutch at 10 pm after a bottle of Cab Franc.
So, I guess this means in the instruction sheet (for those who read them), we will need to put a disclaimer that though these arms are good, they still will not compensate for foggy brain cells!!!!!!!!!

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
and I was beating myself up for running clickers 4 and 4 and...2...LOL-BJ

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Was it at least a nice bottle of Cab Franc?
WUI - Wrenching Under the Influence..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, I guess this means in the instruction sheet (for those who read them), we will need to put a disclaimer that though these arms are good, they still will not compensate for foggy brain cells!!!!!!!!!
There's an instruction sheet? I thought that was packing?

Tom, my testing services run the full gambit or what to do and what not to do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts