Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2003 600 ho and i found that i am getting a weird noise from the sled...
Under load at about 5000 - 6500 rpm i get a noise that sounds like a hockey card stuuck in a bicycle spoke.....Does anybody know what this could be?
Or how to get rid of it?
Please let me know......Thanks

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
I had a noise last time out...started around 6500 RPM. Talked to a few guys that know these sleds and they said that the secondary injectors start working around 6000-6500. If you had poor fuel or water or reduced flow then you could get some pinging around that point.

Won't know if its true, but I did buy some fuel in Carthage, NY and is started right after that.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
biggziff said:
I had a noise last time out...started around 6500 RPM. Talked to a few guys that know these sleds and they said that the secondary injectors start working around 6000-6500. If you had poor fuel or water or reduced flow then you could get some pinging around that point.

Won't know if its true, but I did buy some fuel in Carthage, NY and is started right after that.

Just a thought.
[snapback]699800[/snapback]​
but my sled is a H.O. not sdi.....Would that make sence?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Renegade Scotty said:
mine sounds buzzy around 5-7500 rpm. I have a 600 sdi. Kind of a light buzzing sound from clutches or rave valves
[snapback]699915[/snapback]​
Yes i would say that what it sounds like........going accross the lake i hear it very well, but when i let off the throttle it goes away and returns when i give it gas again...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bond007 said:
I've got a 2003 600 ho and i found that i am getting a weird noise from the sled...
Under load at about 5000 - 6500 rpm i get a noise that sounds like a hockey card stuuck in a bicycle spoke.....Does anybody know what this could be?
Or how to get rid of it?

[snapback]699628[/snapback]​
Ok thanks but i figured it out......It was my starter gear coming out and touching the ring gear thats on the backside of the clutch while i was sledding. It warned down half of the gear. Ordered a new clutch gear and spring for about $100.00 cdn....
Thanks Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bond007 said:
Bond007 said:
Or how to get rid of it?

[snapback]699628[/snapback]​
Ok thanks but i figured it out......It was my starter gear coming out and touching the ring gear thats on the backside of the clutch while i was sledding. It warned down half of the gear. Ordered a new clutch gear and spring for about $100.00 cdn....
Thanks Steve
[snapback]717504[/snapback]​

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.