Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Got a little time to test a few changes in my Blizzard's clutching . The conditions I was testing on Sunday were far far from good (warm air, beat up trails, soft wet snow) trails with straight runs only about 800 ft. long. I was Not watching the MPH very often. Took trails for about 1 mile each combo . The results were just seat of the pants no other sleds to compare with and our lake is not safe for testing this year.

My sled is stock wih only 300 miles so far.

Stock clutching works well, very smooth but seems to put the power down to the track , engaged about 2500 rpm.

Clutches were medium to hot but you could hold either clutch for a while. I like a bit more snap and a little more engine breaking.

Stock clutching was pulling 7700-7900 on a stab of the throttle and fell off to 7600-7700 on the straight (ruff) runs, pulled smooth but not super aggressive out of the turns.

Threw a Dalton white / yellow in the primary... Raised engagement about 500 rpm to about 3000 rpm. RPM on a stab went to 8100-8200 but fell off a few hundred rpm quick only to jump back up again bounced back and forth most of the time I had it pinned . Felt very snappy even in standard mode. Did not change engine breaking .Stopped to check clutch temps primary temps about the same as stock, secondary smoking hot could only touch it a couple seconds. Slipping for sure .

Threw a beige spring, from my 09 TNT, in the secondary set at 18 lbs. Still had the Dalton in the primary .

Sled jumped to 8300-8400 and held there, seamed to creep up a bit I ran out of runway. Very snappy combo pulled out of corners aggressive and strong . Temps about the same as stock clutching . I think I might get the softer Dalton spring to tame it down a little I'm not a motocross guy like I was a few years back.

That's all I was able to test ....Rain kicked in and we headed back downstate.

I also have a Straight Line Performance clutch kit that I am going to try hopefully next time I'm up north. it has adjustable weights , secondary helix and spring .

Best to ya, Johnny.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Got a little time to test a few changes in my Blizzard's clutching . The conditions I was testing on Sunday were far far from good (warm air, beat up trails, soft wet snow) trails with straight runs only about 800 ft. long. I was Not watching the MPH very often. Took trails for about 1 mile each combo . The results were just seat of the pants no other sleds to compare with and our lake is not safe for testing this year.
Stock clutching works well, very smooth but seems to put the power down to the track , engaged about 2500 rpm.
Clutches were medium to hot but you could hold either clutch for a while. I like a bit more snap and a little more engine breaking.
Stock clutching was pulling 7700-7900 on a stab of the throttle and fell off to 7600-7700 on the straight (ruff) runs, pulled smooth but not super aggressive out of the turns.
Threw a Dalton white / yellow in the primary... Raised engagement about 500 rpm to about 3000 rpm. RPM on a stab went to 8100-8200 but fell off a few hundred rpm quick only to jump back up again bounced back and forth most of the time I had it pinned . Felt very snappy even in standard mode. Did not change engine breaking .Stopped to check clutch temps primary temps about the same as stock, secondary smoking hot could only touch it a couple seconds. Slipping for sure .
Threw a beige spring, from my 09 TNT, in the secondary set at 18 lbs. Still had the Dalton in the primary .
Sled jumped to 8300-8400 and held there, seamed to creep up a bit I ran out of runway. Very snappy combo pulled out of corners aggressive and strong . Temps about the same as stock clutching . I think I might get the softer Dalton spring to tame it down a little I'm not a motocross guy like I was a few years back.
I also have a Straight Line Performance clutch kit that I am going to try hopefully next time I'm up north. it has adjustable weights , secondary helix and spring .
Best to ya, Johnny.
Does your SLP kit have adjustable weights for an Edrive primary?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Best to ya, Johnny.
So in the end, you used a Dalton Silver Yellow primary in your Edrive, but what was the actual secondary spring you used? And is it the stock helix or has it been changed as well?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts