Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bone stock mxzx 440 and am looking for any clutch setup suggestions. Right now if i punch it from a dead stop it goes right to 8500 and stays there all the way out to full speed. but if i am cruzing at around 20-30 and punch it, it shifts out to 7000 rpm and them will climb to 8500 rpm as i get over 45 mph. Shouldn't it go right to 8500 no matter what speed i am going? I trail ride this sled.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
check the helix in that sled they came with a reverse angle helix(40-44) and also you can try and check the poundage that the spring is preloaded at,should be around 17-19pds, if it is, try going another 3-4 pds and see how it runs then just check the secondary for temps.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Keep the same secondary spring and get a 40-52. Then get the titanium arms and put as much weight as you can in the ends. I have all the parts if you want them. The rpms look good, the dyno says 8400 so go down one # on the clicker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.