Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been reading on these forums for a while but this is my first time posting. I have a 2003 rev 800, I just installed a Dynoport pipe and can, and I am now wanting to do some clutch work, looking at springs in the primary and secondary and adjustable weight pins. But i have no idea where to start when it comes to what springs to get, and a baseline weight in the pins, mostly ride trails and lakes, I'm looking to get a nice balance of off the line acceleration and top end. I realize that all machines are different along with the rider, so I'll have to play with it, but I just want a good starting point.

Oh and does anyone know the stock sizes of the jets? Dynoport recomended going up a size or two for running the lakes.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Can't go wrong with a dynamoe joe clutch kit, he does extensive testing when he builds his kits.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Can't go wrong with a dynamoe joe clutch kit, he does extensive testing when he builds his kits.
X2. He is a stand up guy that will get your clutching iq up there and will help you out with any problems when he has the time. He is a very busy man, got to love a guy that spends all he's free time tweaking and improving power to track ratios.

Reuben

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I've heard nothing but good things about joe's kits, but I just didn't want to pay for a "kit" when I can get the springs for 35 bucks each and an adjustable pins for 36

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
You can try searching in the google custom search bar top left for spring recommendations. For jet size just get on a doo parts website and look in the micro fiche

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
2003 Rev 800

Primary

PRP/YLW 160/230

Secondary

beige color (cant find it on any charts?)

But i did find this from HRSS,

Blue is popular to replace the beige

http://www.hotrodsledshop.com/skfosesp.html

Do you have reverse?

Do you like the engagement on the stock primary spring or want it at a higer rpm?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have reverse?

Yes

Do you like the engagement on the stock primary spring or want it at a higer rpm?[/quote]

I would like to pick it up to around 4000rpm, it's around 3500 rpm engagement as it sits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah that occurred to me, anyone know generally what those kits run price wise? And can I get them in Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
He lives in canada so yes. Prices are on his website ibackshift.com

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Save yourself a lot of money and time. Use the pipe you bought with the stock muffler.Dont try and chase a good tune with that can. The stock pipe will likely make the most power, but you own the dynoport now. That machine is way over geared.It has 10 tooth drivers, unless someone has changed them. Put on a 24 tooth top with the 45 bottom, which will give you 1.875, which is what to aim for.Iirc it has a 50/40 helix in it, which it will pull with 1.875, and you won't lose top end. Spend a few extra bucks and get rkteks 800 re flash, and a $40 pin weight kit. Put in different needles, or shim yours. i can give you the numbers.The stock 18.8 pins will be very close, but you'll want to spin it to 8200 on the tach, so try it and adjust accordingly. I use a 160/260 primary spring, and the green Doo secondary spring, which is 180/303, I think. That gave me the most acceleration. I've tried different helixes and springs similar to what comes in the kits, but there is always a hole somewhere. Your statement of wanting a good trail and top end speed means you'll want to stay close to the stock settings.I ride mostly fast trails 40-90 mph, and this is basically my setup, and it has fairly good belt life too. My .02

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the pipe and can for 300 Bucks so it was just too good a deal to pass up.
I definitely need to beat my buddy's 500ss down the lake, and it would be nice to be able to at least keep up with my other buddies 800r haha. What shims do you think I should use for the needle? where would be the best place to get the helix?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^edited because i was reading replies on my phone and I guess I'm periodically ilitterate

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I think he is saying your current helix is 40/50 so you are already set. Just look at the back of the helix it should say what it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh okay haha I thought he might have meant that, the "lirc" threw me off

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Test your stock pipe/can against the aftermarket pipe/can with your buddy's 500ss or 800r

a friend had a 2010/800,carb with a "pípe" and he got beat by the new etec 800s pretty good=4 to 5 sled lengths,,then he put the stock pipe on and then it was a way better race he said

Stock 03/800 jetting was 380 mains,,400s will probly be better with either pipe,,because the jetting was increased to that after 03,,and 20 pilots are good for most people

Btw/The 03/800 came with 9t drivers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts