Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
While my 94 Mach 1 frame is at the body shop getting sandblasted and painted, I started working on the engine. While checking the clutch I noticed it has a small crack in the outer assembly of the primary.

I don't know much about the clutches from that era. I need to get a replacement and I'm wondering if I need to find the exact same clutch model, or a newer 670 clutch would do just fine, like a Summit or MX from the 2002-2003 era...?

Theres the setup and gearing.... which I'll need to dig into also.

Tips and hints are more than welcomed!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
I would get another tra from the same era. they are a very tunable clutch and easy to service. Put a new spring with new buttons and o-rings check the bushings and away you go. i would also do the same to the secondary, except no buttons :laugh_old:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My only worry is, since this one cracked and I've seen others crack as well, would a newer TRA generation clutch be more reliable? And of course, would it fit the Mach...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have dealt with many tra clutches every time I carefully look then over for cracks and I have yet to find any that are. I know it happens but I guess I'm lucky. Imo the tra is a great clutch. Doo has made it for over 25 years. The factory setup sometimes is a bit off but it is very easy to work on and with some tinkering they work very very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anny TRA 1 or 2 will work it don't need to be from the same era the one from a 800 will work, You can even use the TRA3 if you replace the complete clutch!
Good to know, didn't knew they were interchangeable like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts