1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 600 ho just came back from up north
clutch is making noise when you let of the throttle
but not all the time -- easy fix?
how many mile do they usally last this one has 2100 miles ????

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
bwalsh said:
[snapback]726906[/snapback]​
I have seen tra's on 600's go 15000miles with only new springs, You could check but unless there was a flaw in manufacturing I dont think you will find anything. Check chaincase, belt, brake also.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I can honestly say I've seen some pretty high mileage TRA clutches and some abused clutches, other than sacked springs I've only seen 1 roller failure, the bushing desintergrated, they seem to work good even with a little slop in the arm bushings and sliding half bushings. This roller bushing came out of a 03.5 BM 800 with 12000KMs on it (everything original except clutch spring changed at 8000kms).

They got to be the best clutch in the business.

·
Registered
425 Posts
you must be a Cat convert?

no long-time ski-doo owner even questions if the clutch needs to be rebuilt, because they never do. I had 12,000 miles on an '02 700 and never changed a part, never even cleaned it. Still held 8000 rpm spot on even at the end.

I guess a certain percentage could have a manufacturing defect, but they do not wear like a Cat or Polaris clutch.

something else must be wrong -

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
bwalsh said:
[snapback]726906[/snapback]​
My 03 has over 8600 miles and the clutches are still perfect. In fact I've never had to rebuild a TRA in any of my Doos and some have seen some huge mileage (check my sig). Clutch durability is a Ski-Doo hallmark... perhaps yours has a defect

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have over 9000 miles on my 07, I am rebuilding my clutch. The spring is shot....REALLY shot (7mm shorter than listed free length), and I can put my clutch together by hand. I have 1 roller bushing that is chipping on the edges, so I am replacing the rollers.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have 7000 miles on my 05 600 clutches and just pulled them apart (my first Doo) and was surprised
to find that everything was still good,bushings within tolerance spec,s,buttons look like new and rollers
are still smooth and no play.There is wear obviously compared to a new unit which i just happen to have as a comparison but still amazing.My Polaris clutches would have been needinga total rebuild by now.Especially the primary.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
My 02 primary with 2900 miles developed a rattle. Didn't hurt performance, just noisy. The O-rings on the sliders were shot. Easy and cheap fix. Keep them clean and they will treat you right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts