Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have geared down, has anyone changed there primary spring at the same time for a higher engagement and or different compressed spring force at full shift ? I am looking for better corner to corner speeds. I'm not really worried about losing some top end speed. I like my sled to still pull hard in heavier snow or just not real fast trail conditions. Stock it is geared 22 top and 43 bottom and I want to put in a 21 top and 44 bottom. I am thinking I shouldn't have to do anyting with the secondary, just maybe the primary. If anyone has some prior experience with this ....

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
WOT said:
For those who have geared down, has anyone changed there primary spring at the same time for a higher engagement and or different compressed spring force at full shift ? I am looking for better corner to corner speeds. I'm not really worried about losing some top end speed. I like my sled to still pull hard in heavier snow or just not real fast trail conditions. Stock it is geared 22 top and 43 bottom and I want to put in a 21 top and 44 bottom. I am thinking I shouldn't have to do anyting with the secondary, just maybe the primary. If anyone has some prior experience with this ....
[snapback]263420[/snapback]​
I think several people have went to the 200/290 primary spring to bring the engagement up without effecting anything else. The stock spring is a 160/290

RK

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
04renegade600ho said:
WOT said:
[snapback]263420[/snapback]​
I think several people have went to the 200/290 primary spring to bring the engagement up without effecting anything else. The stock spring is a 160/290

RK

Not sure what I'll do.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,651 Posts
If you want to just increase your engagement, pick a spring with a higher initial force, like going from a 160# start to a 200# will rise the engagement about 400 rpms. Same as raising the final force of the spring, increase the end rpm's. You can do something similar with ramps but more expensive. If your looking for a little more zip you can also change your secondary spring if you have RER style cam. The black is 160/300, green 180/300 and purple 220/300. The end force is the same and won't effect the top rpm's, but as you increase the intial it'll have a more punchy feeling, like the gearing change you're doing. Cheap too, about 25 bucks! Most times you can adjust the TRA or fine tune it with adjustable pins for your rpm target. -Grover

1 - 4 of 4 Posts