Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutches started acting up last year. Once and a while the belt would slip on WOT runs across the lake. Total loss of power to the track and a free revving motor. Happened maybe twice the whole year. Ripped the sled apart this summer for a bunch of maintenance and mods, but didn't touch the clutches. Started happening again the first run out this year so I dropped it at the dealer to clean them up and install a Cudney clutch kit. Two weekends of riding and still the odd loss of power to the track at WOT and high speed but otherwise it was working well. On my way back from a quick blast out on the trail I eventually couldn't get the rpms over 6000. Limped home and the clutches were hot! Cleaned them up, changed the belt and tooked it out for a run on the lake but the belt just wants to slip and generate heat. What's going on? New springs, helix, cam sliders, etc. Any idea what's beat? Primary? Secondary? Something else?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.