Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ok, need some help everybody. Gotta 01 800 Summit X
I just started burning belts in deep snow recently. Checked the clutch alignment.
Put n new pistons and rings last year, no probs there. As soon I get her into deep snow under heavy loads, the power goes away and the belt starts to melt. What should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AK REV said:

I just started burning belts in deep snow recently. Checked the clutch alignment.
Put n new pistons and rings last year, no probs there. As soon I get her into deep snow under heavy loads, the power goes away and the belt starts to melt. What should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance.
[snapback]727084[/snapback]​
Any body got any ideas?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Spring tension could be bad or if you took the secondary off and put the helix and spring in to too light of a hole. Check and see which clutch is the hottest.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bam530 said:
Spring tension could be bad or if you took the secondary off and put the helix and spring in to too light of a hole. Check and see which clutch is the hottest.
[snapback]729894[/snapback]​
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
AK REV said:

Thanks in advance.
[snapback]727084[/snapback]​
Check the torque stop.....
Check for loose engine mounts....
Cracked bulkhead?......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts