Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have an extra clutch open tool for my 06 Mach Zx they wanna sell? I lost mine somehow. Would really appreciate it.

let me know.

THanks,
Dave

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's a 6mm bolt. I went to the hardware store and bought a couple, approx 1.5 inches long. It has a 10 mm head, so you can use sockets or a wrench. That tool is so frikken cheap, it was just a matter of time before that broke.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool. thanks. Wasn't thinking

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you have to order the entire kit. they don't sell the tools separate.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
The dealers up here in Michigan just sell the clutch spreading tool. Never heard of having to buy the whole kit before, hopefully the bolt trick will work for you, mine had been done so many times thru its mileage that it stripped the threads out in the clutch...so I guess I'm going to have to try and tap it and use a bigger bolt.

·
Registered
388 Posts
mxzeatr said:
The dealers up here in Michigan just sell the clutch spreading tool. Never heard of having to buy the whole kit before, hopefully the bolt trick will work for you, mine had been done so many times thru its mileage that it stripped the threads out in the clutch...so I guess I'm going to have to try and tap it and use a bigger bolt.
[snapback]708522[/snapback]​
put a heli coil in it, there isnt enough meat to try a bigger bolt.

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
If this helps - I found that a Ford Battery hold bolt - the long ones, work great.
You can find them in the 'help' section of any auto store. Just bend the handle to a 90 and it works great - I keep one around in the tool box rather than big out the doo one...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Pick up a reverse drill bit. Center punch what's left in there and drill away. 90% of the time they will back right out. If not - you have a hole ready to tap in an easy-out.

·
Premium Member
28,873 Posts
It may be easier to take apart the clutch and unscrew the bolt from the other side.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Sounds like it won't be easier for him to take the clutch apart.

Go to your local hardware store, buy an easy-out kit with a set of drill bits. Don't be afraid to spend the $30ish it'll cost. An easy-out is an awesome tool to have readily available. It's REALLY simple, don't stress over it.

·
Super Moderator
9,771 Posts
It's probably only around an M6 thread to begin with; tricky with an ez out if you're not experienced with 'em or straight with the drill. Ive gotten a lot of stubborn bolts out with tricks like left handed drill bits, carbide end mills or drills, sharp punch & hammer, etc. If you've damaged it too bad, that portion may need to be replaced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts