Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Goodwin kit cheap (100.) its good for about 1000' then dies. The primary is smokin hot, I need one with better end, I trail ride alot. Any suggestions or shops you guys can recomend?

·
Registered
522 Posts
floor man said:
I picked up a Goodwin kit cheap (100.) its good for about 1000' then dies. The primary is smokin hot, I need one with better end, I trail ride alot. Any suggestions or shops you guys can recomend?
[snapback]701869[/snapback]​
Bill is not gone....... here is his number if you want to give him a call 519-676-4265

·
Registered
522 Posts
andy670ho said:
I wouldn't call him either, We have run against his setups, alot of money and not as fast, hot clutches.
[snapback]702000[/snapback]​
Now go figure..... I have Bills trail kit in my machine with excellent results...... cool clutches, 800 hard mi. on same belt, and ran an 06 with exactly the same setup only with a Chucky Kit and I was not looking at any snowflap. Any of these kits or components have to be tuned in to YOUR machine. This is just my $ .02

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
Did I miss something ? Where did Bill go ?

·
Registered
522 Posts
big windy mxz said:
[snapback]702378[/snapback]​
To my knowledge Bill will not be posting in the Mach section of this site. If you search the posts in the Mach section over the last month I think you will understand why. Bill is still in business and as of yesterday could be reached at the phone # above.

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
gummy said:
big windy mxz said:
[snapback]702378[/snapback]​
To my knowledge Bill will not be posting in the Mach section of this site. If you search the posts in the Mach section over the last month I think you will understand why. Bill is still in business and as of yesterday could be reached at the phone # above.
[snapback]702413[/snapback]​
Thanks gummy , I found the post .

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
andy670ho said:
I wouldn't call him either, We have run against his setups, alot of money and not as fast, hot clutches.
everyone has there own opinion, DJ or Bill or Chuck, or BJ, but out of anybody I have ever seen post on DT regarding "clutch kits", yours is the only one that has ever said anything really negative about a specific one. Which shows how narrow minded you really are.
They are all great kits, and the couple that I have talked to help you out immensely. Think before you speak.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, I don't want anyone to think i'm a novice (I'm no pro either) but I have adjusted the pin weight,and the clickers with very little change. The bottom to mid is awsome but the top is not there. I feel this would be a good setup for 1000 feet. My single bigest concern is how hot the primary gets, I have to let it cool 15 or so minutes before I can adjust it, and that is with the shrould removed. I figured with the limited snow someone elses knowledge would save me some ride time. I have all the tools, knowledge, even a digital gram scale, But as we all know ride time is very limited this year. I do appriecate all of your info and will start making calls.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
call chris bondi! I have one of his setups and it is great. uses it all last yr and cool clutches and same belt for 1600 miles!! its not the cheapest but speed costs money so how fast you wanna go?

·
Registered
557 Posts
floor man said:
I hear Dynamoe,Joe was the way to gooo, 1/807.624.7446

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have Cudney's kit in my primary and just shred 4 belts on a 1500 mile 4 day trip around Gaspezie with Early Rider. The heat generated is unbelievable and my fuel mileage is disgusting.
By the way...Early never changed a belt and he's using someone else's kit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Someone close to me has a Chuck kit with some minor changes. I think Chuck's kit is probably pretty close to what most people are looking for. I'm heading up to NY tomorrow morning and staying for 2 weeks. If I get a chance to ride the Mach Z in question, I'll post up my review of the clutching here in the Mach section.

·
Registered
457 Posts
andy670ho said:
You guys haven't beaten squat without suckin' on the bottle

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
formulaf007 said:
floor man said:
I hear Dynamoe,Joe was the way to gooo, 1/807.624.7446

[snapback]705160[/snapback]​
Hello:
I do nothing for the MZ, sorry.
I read and get phone calls of engine management problems and this has scared me away from buying an MZ.
I don't want to chase engine management problems via clutching, too easy to blame on clutch kits from someone when a sensor is not calibrated correctly and this and that and......blah!

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=697831

Regards
Joey

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have Chucks kit in my '06 1000 Gade and it definately woke it up. Call him at 203-943-3344. Also know owner of Stealth Perf. in Eagle River and he has informed me he is real close on a kit that he is real pleased with. His # is 715-479-3540. Don't know much about other kits out there so won't bash any.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts