Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of whining and complaining about this TRA V clutch (SORRY....
)......I finally figured it out!!!
I just installed part of Bill Cudney's clutch kit today, and what a difference!!! I don't have a spring compressor (I'll make one tomorrow) so I've just installed the adjustable weight pins along with the larger rollers.
Talk about GRUNT!! I was out trail riding ~80 miles, 60mph @ 5800rpm..... 75mph @ 6200. And now it pulls HARD
all the way up, without the let up from the over revving I was seeing before. Clickers back to 3, and RPM is 7600-7700 dead on.
I can't wait to get the new primary in tomorrow and see what that gives me!!! Higher engagement for sure.

I can't say enough good about reclutching this sled..... either buy a kit like Cudney Racing and others sell, or take the suggestions of those like ghost and add pin weight. You will be very pleased !!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
1Gunner said:
I just installed part of Bill Cudney's clutch kit today, and what a difference!!! I don't have a spring compressor (I'll make one tomorrow) so I've just installed the adjustable weight pins along with the larger rollers.
Talk about GRUNT!! I was out trail riding ~80 miles, 60mph @ 5800rpm..... 75mph @ 6200. And now it pulls HARD
all the way up, without the let up from the over revving I was seeing before. Clickers back to 3, and RPM is 7600-7700 dead on.
I can't wait to get the new primary in tomorrow and see what that gives me!!! Higher engagement for sure.

I can't say enough good about reclutching this sled..... either buy a kit like Cudney Racing and others sell, or take the suggestions of those like ghost and add pin weight. You will be very pleased !!

[snapback]257881[/snapback]​
the cudney kit does work very well - totally different sled, and i thought it pulled well before, belt was cooler and performance of this sled rocks well done bill

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
I just noticed that there are no holes in this primary for the holding tool. How are you holding the clutch? Did BRP make a new holding tool for this primary? I don't use an impact on my clutches. I like to torque to specs.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
MachZMomma said:
For those that have had clutching done: Is the smoothness compromised at all? I really like the way this thing feels when I mash on the trottle, not sure if I'd be willing to give it up.....
[snapback]257908[/snapback]​
Not at all - just as smooth as before here

·
Registered
481 Posts
MachZ990 said:
I just noticed that there are no holes in this primary for the holding tool. How are you holding the clutch? Did BRP make a new holding tool for this primary? I don't use an impact on my clutches. I like to torque to specs.
[snapback]257900[/snapback]​
You can still use the older style holder that hooked in the hole. I just hook it over one of the ribs on the outer edge of the primary clutch such as the slot where the cups slide in on the movable half. It works fine once you do it a time or two!

·
Registered
183 Posts
1Gunner said:

[snapback]257881[/snapback]​
gunner,when are secondary kits going to ship, do ya know?

·
Registered
383 Posts
1Gunner said:
ps1000 said:
you will gain 5-7 sled lengths over a bone stock machz in acceleration
[snapback]259374[/snapback]​
over what distance? 1000'? 1500'? 2000'?
[snapback]259423[/snapback]​
Top speed? On Radar in 1/4 mile and 2000' please. I understand different day etc but if I rolled out 2000' and didn't run within 3 mph of your claim you would get it back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts