Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some feedback from those of you that had experience with changing there stock clutching to one of the many kits on the market? Looking for real life results on how they worked before and after the clutch kits were installed with comparisions to other sleds both in acceleration and top end gains. How does Howards's stage one kit rank? I have read a lot of posts on this forum concerning clutch kit installation but wanted to get back to back results.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There isn't many responses to this original post as to the stock and mod comparisons? Would anyone like to add to advise if we should make the plunge and change the stock clutching?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Need more detail...
What type of sled?
What type of track?
Any Studds?
Type of riding?
Want help and good info
Add detail to all requests
Helps all in the end.
Eliminates unnecessary BS

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mines a 2010 1200X shorty 1.25 rippy. Its a rocket 0-90, then creeps to 96ish. No studs right now but will be in the works shortly. I ride mainly just trails but would like to have a little longer legs on the lake when I get there. Whats a good choice?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Studs a good idea for that Sled
The gent that runs his Summer and winter with
good results is Billy Howard.
Give his crew a call.
Worked well in our shorty.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It seems like people are seeing a lot more on top end, I should see over 100 I would think just the way it sits now? I don't mean much more than that but more than the century mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Billy Howards kit and so far very pleased. I have a 2010 GSX SE that is a 137" track 1" lug with 98? studs down the middle. I have only ridden it once so far this season. I can tell you that it pulls hard, backshifts very fast, and just playing with it for a short distance on a road with about 3" of fresh snow saw 99.6MPH on my GPS. Clickers are on 3 and engine reves to 84-8500 RPM and seems to really like it. Over the Holidays I should get a chance to run top end and see what it will do. Best advice is to follow the instructions Billy sends with the kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts