Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey Fellow members which clutch kit is best for a 2004 MXZ Adr 600 HO? I'm looking to pick one up and would like some input from others experiences. Does it really make a difference?
Thanks Rev 69

·
Registered
276 Posts
Rev 69 said:
Hey Fellow members which clutch kit is best for a 2004 MXZ Adr 600 HO? I'm looking to pick one up and would like some input from others experiences. Does it really make a difference?
Thanks Rev 69

[snapback]267386[/snapback]​
dont know but i would like to. TTT

·
Saco Pathfinders Snowmobile Club Chairman of the B
2,972 Posts
You cant go wrong with either kit. The guys that have Joe's kit love them and the one's that have Bills kit love them as well . I have a Cudney but I also have an 03 800. good luck

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
I had looked into both of these kits and if I recall corectly it seemed they both work very well and are in fact very different setups. Because of this difference I would expect both to have distinct charatristics. Would be nice to have a good report from someone who has tested both setups.

Personally I could not decide and went with a Hyperlite once understanding that a roller secondary is clearly a better secondary then a button and later adding a clutch kit with the roller secondary (Hyperlite in my case) would simply be the best overall clutch setup you could have. Sounds like Cundey may be providing kits tailiored for some particular rollers (Team, Hyperlite?).

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,650 Posts
I have Joe's S8X kit in mine for over a year now and can't say enough good about it. Works very well in ALL conditions, easy setup and can be tailored if needed for application, used by the mountain guys also! Also money back guarantee!!! Do a search. You can Pm me if you want anymore feedback.
-Grover

·
Registered
392 Posts
I agree both kits are good. I only have experience with CUDNEY. My sled pulls like a freight train now, see my setup below. Any time I had a question Bill Cudney was always happy to help. Just my experience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went with the Cudney on my 03 800. No complaints with the kit at all, and Bill was excellent to deal with.
Not that Joe isn't, I just don't have any experience with him.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Rev 69 said:

[snapback]268228[/snapback]​
That's what I thought. After asking a TON of questions and getting the same answers you have recieved here, (both are very good kits and good people to work with) I made the choice for Joe's kit based on my gut feelings. This guy really knows his stuff (not that the other guys don't), his thinking is a bit contrary to the "norm" and I like that ALOT. Innovation and not following the same rules/standards that others follow was the key criteria for me. When comparing the kits (reading) no one could compare/contrast the features of the kits. When you buy a sled there are significant differences between brands as well as some similarities. Clutch kits are no different, but no one has done a comparison so I went with my feelings.
Anyway, the kit works GREAT, a HUGE improvement over stock. How it compares to the other set-ups out there I don't know, but I am willing to line it up and find out.
Of course we need some snow to do that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have joes kit and im happy with it. A freind tried Cudneys but couldnt hookup worth a darn. Cudneys works best with studs from what i understand but no one around here uses them as we do a lot of cross country riding. Im sure they both shine where there meant to.

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
What am I...chopped liver??? LOL- I'll run my kit against either (kinda already did....)-BJ

·
Registered
108 Posts
You are a real piece of work BJ, your stuff must really work because "YOU" are always pushing it, you don't see the real players doing that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I got Joes kit works awsome I was also stuck too in picking or Joe and Cudney but I really liked Joes site stuff like that. Joe is a great person he still talks to me and answers my questions although I ain't buying anything off him now thats great service always easy to get a hold of too. Im sure whatever way you go you wont go wrong.

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
JB77 said:
You are a real piece of work BJ, your stuff must really work because "YOU" are always pushing it, you don't see the real players doing that.
[snapback]271819[/snapback]​
JB77 are you nuts? Big John is a long time DooTalk and Snowest contributor and sponsor. His experience, products, knowledge and helpfulness on these forums is every bit as good as Cudney's and Dynamo Joe's.

This is just how he advertises... are you really a newbie or someones altered ego?
I wonder if you know who the real players are???

BJ has been a doo guy for years and has been doing clutch kits for a long time. Just branched off on his own a couple of years ago doing pretty much nothing but sleds... and doing a very good job of it.

Just my two cents... worth...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
djm said:
JB77 said:
JB77 are you nuts? Big John is a long time DooTalk and Snowest contributor and sponsor. His experience, products, knowledge and helpfulness on these forums is every bit as good as Cudney's and Dynamo Joe's.

This is just how he advertises... are you really a newbie or someones altered ego?

BJ has been a doo guy for years and has been doing clutch kits for a long time. Just branched off on his own a couple of years ago doing pretty much nothing but sleds... and doing a very good job of it.

[snapback]271833[/snapback]​
I use joes kit and love it
djm I also agree with you BJ has been a big help to alot of people me included . Keep up the good work BJ You can't please everone

·
Registered
3 Posts
rake1 said:
djm said:
JB77 said:

[snapback]271833[/snapback]​
I use joes kit and love it
djm I also agree with you BJ has been a big help to alot of people me included . Keep up the good work BJ You can't please everone
[snapback]272071[/snapback]​

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
JB77- Your right...I'm wrong...

I HAVE NEVER SEEN JOE OR BILL MAKE ONE POST ON THIS FORUM PUSHING THERE PRODUCTS.

And its painfully obvious YOU dont have a sense of humor...try rereading what I wrote-
-BJ

Thanks for support guys- just trying to help...but there I go pushing my stuff again-LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
I just wanted to weigh in on Joe's kit, and thought it best to attach my response that I sent to Joe last week.

Joey,
First ride (130miles) yesterday with the kit, set up as follows: compression 160 and 162, 144 studs,
24.5 grams, clicker 4, Purple Doo secondary spring PT#414 978 300, Stock gearing. No additional tuning required for the setup.
Wow, what a difference. Power on tap all the time. Awesome power rush from 70 - 100 mph. At 80 mph cruise, hit the gas and she just pulls right past 90 headed to the century mark. Can pull it at will now whereas in stock form she struggled to gain speed as she hit 90 (and that was when I had only 96 studs). Last year I thought I needed an 800 due to the higher speed running and necessity for harder pull at those speeds, now with your kit, I am going to keep her. Your kit rocks!
On a side note: I had the kit installed by my local dealer, the mechanic and head mechanic both test rode it, and both came to the conclusion that this is the hardest pulling 600 they have ever ridden. They both mentioned I was going to be really pleased with the performance, and I am. Thanks again.
TimE

Also: wanted to note that I am a newbie here, but have been viewing this site for quite a while. The info here is just great and I hope I can contribute as you all have.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts