Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just replaced the bushings in both clutchs. I have a cudney clutch kit so the primary has the adjsutable pin weights, my question is what way should the cotter pin in the wieghts be? if the clutch is dissasembled and the outer sheave is on the bench and the 3 arms are looking at me should the bent end of the cotter pin be down or up? As it is now the bent end is down and when i put it back together i thought it looked like the cotter pin end could possibly catch on the thing the rollers roll along as the clutch is engaged.
With everything back together my sled runs fine but if i lay off the gas hard theres a small pop when the rpms get lower, and i was wondering if it may be caused by these cotter pins hanging up in the clutch? I've tryed two belts, same thing. clutchs dont seem to be getting to hot....the only other thing ws the new secondary bushings made the secondary super tight to reassemble but it seems fine.
thanks for any the help, sorry its so long.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Skidoo_rider said:
Hi, I just replaced the bushings in both clutchs. I have a cudney clutch kit so the primary has the adjsutable pin weights, my question is what way should the cotter pin in the wieghts be? if the clutch is dissasembled and the outer sheave is on the bench and the 3 arms are looking at me should the bent end of the cotter pin be down or up? As it is now the bent end is down and when i put it back together i thought it looked like the cotter pin end could possibly catch on the thing the rollers roll along as the clutch is engaged.
With everything back together my sled runs fine but if i lay off the gas hard theres a small pop when the rpms get lower, and i was wondering if it may be caused by these cotter pins hanging up in the clutch? I've tryed two belts, same thing. clutchs dont seem to be getting to hot....the only other thing ws the new secondary bushings made the secondary super tight to reassemble but it seems fine.
thanks for any the help, sorry its so long.

[snapback]690416[/snapback]​
These are thundershift arms but you get the idea. Doesn't matter as long as they don't hit the cup that holds the spring in place.

Jay

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.