Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Skidoo Rev 600 HO and i want it to engage at a higher rpm it engages at like 3500 right now and thats way to low for me. i adjusted the clickers all the way up to 6 one at a time and it still is really low. how else can i adjust the engage rpm??

·
Registered
566 Posts
adjusting the clickers changes engines top rpm, nothing to do with engagement.#6 is way to high.You need to change spring in primary for higher engagement.Say you have a 200/380 spring,you would want a 230/380 spring or 250/380 depending on how high you want it to engage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
high priority said:
adjusting the clickers changes engines top rpm, nothing to do with engagement.#6 is way to high.You need to change spring in primary for higher engagement.Say you have a 200/380 spring,you would want a 230/380 spring or 250/380 depending on how high you want it to engage.
[snapback]711893[/snapback]​
Oh sh&% ok my bad... Ok which spring do i change the primary or the secondary?? right now the primary spring is black

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Your stock primary is a Purple blue 160-290 go with a grn/purple 200-320 and u should engage around 4200 Rpm and wake up the bottom in them sleds they come from the factory very lazy on low end and need clutch work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTANK said:
Your stock primary is a Purple blue 160-290 go with a grn/purple 200-320 and u should engage around 4200 Rpm and wake up the bottom in them sleds they come from the factory very lazy on low end and need clutch work.
[snapback]711921[/snapback]​
alright.. changing the loaded value, how much is that going to effect the top end rpm?

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
should not effect is whatsoever, this is a good Optimizing technique to bring your 600 H.O to life u can also do a search on it for more in depth detail.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Pick up a clutch kit from DJ or Cudney.
DJ's kit engages around 4300. It is already optimized with the primary spring and helix. All you need to do is find the sweet spot with pin weight.

·
Registered
14 Posts

so changing my primary spring to a 200/320 would help out.. now if i put a stiffer spring in the secondary all that would doo is make is back shifter faster??

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
so if stock helix is 47/44 would a 50/44 mean faster upshift with same top end or would it mean slower upshift with same top end....compared to stock 47/44

G

·
I have a 2004 Skidoo Rev 600 HO and i want it to engage at a higher rpm it engages at like 3500 right now and thats way to low for me. i adjusted the clickers all the way up to 6 one at a time and it still is really low. how else can i adjust the engage rpm??
I have a silver spring... it engages at 5200.....
I am making some changes to my clutch an it is not going back in so it is for sale if someone wants it.....

·
Registered
243 Posts
What does a higher engaugement give you(besides just that)?

Both my sleds (current and past one) have had the spring changed to engaged at a higher RPM (I purchased them that way), and sort of clunks and then jerks ya a bit when you get going. Does this affect more than just what rpm the sled starts to move? Like the low-mid range tourqe or something?

Just trying to figure out why so many people like the big jerk if you give it a little gas. How is the performance different than just engaging at 3500 and slamming it WOT right away?

·
Registered
265 Posts
changing to that 200-320 will change his engagement about 400 and also raise the top rpm 300 or a little more. are you going to be able to use the clickers to turn it back down? Maybe a 200-290 green blue #414 768 200 would wok better. And as far as a silver spring that might be a white silver 260-420 and with that your way off the map! that would involve ramps and pin weights and day's at the lake testing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here is some good reading....somewhat technical, but it might answer some of your questions.

http://www.mxzx-revzone.com/iq.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts