Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my primary off for the first time, putting marks on to make sure I put it back together straight. I thought I seen someone say when putting a primary back on make sure your clutch side piston is at top dead center. So I wanted to check where it was at before I took it off. I have two 2016 mxz sport 600 carbs. Both at TDC, one arrow on the clutch is at 2 o'clock and the other sled is showing 5 o'clock. Did they move, or were they put on wrong, or does it not matter?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
I just made a note on the clutch and the motor to see how it came off. Put it back on to the same spot.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
You don't have to "clock" the clutch with the crank. Just slide the clutch on and torque to 70ft lbs. Take a short ride around the yard then check the torque again.
My manual reads 89lbs of torque then take a short ride around the yard, then check the torque again. All engines 89lbs bolt torque 600 and 800

This is the correct torque in my opinion.

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
My manual reads 89lbs of torque then take a short ride around the yard, then check the torque again. All engines 89lbs bolt torque 600 and 800
This is the correct torque in my opinion.
There was a thread a couple weeks ago and iirc the a certain year manual is wrong on the ft lbs. but the nm were correct.

Here's from my 2005 manual for liquid cooled engines
fcc850c010202df60510a1cb78cef3b0.jpg

And in Joey's(ibackshift) part 4 of his maintenance series he says 70-75ftlbs

Probably close to snapping the clutch bolt at 89ftlb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts