Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after about a 20mile ride, my sled started over reving reallllly bad, pulled back the hood and my clutches seem totally out of wack.

Heres a "edit for bad language"-poor picture I made to give you a general idea of what the belt looks like sitting on them.

Was just messing around in some 2-3feet deep snow off and on for about 2 hours, then when I got back onto the trail, I noticed I wouldnt start moving till about 5500 RPMs, compared to 4000 as before (stock), and would over rev very easily.

I was planning on rebuilding the clutches, and replacing pretty much every bearing in the sled this summer, and possibly selling it, but now it looks like it will need some clutch work before I even go out riding again.

Anyone have an idea of what happened? And what I will need to get this fixed? I'm sure the clutches need to be completed cleaned and rebuilt, as they never have been before on this sled, with over 7400 miles on it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Aligning the clutches isn't usually too bad to do....The specs are in your service manual if you have one, or I'm sure someone on here could give them to you....for mine a 3/8" piece of flat stock and a pair of calipers are all that's really needed. As for clutch cleaning, take 'em apart, replace worn parts (buttons, helix sliders, rollers, bushings, and possibly springs), toss it back together with a new belt, and you'll be flyin!

However, as for the high rpm's....did you ride it for a while after the powder with the same result? a wet belt can cause slippage...just a thought...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts