Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my first week of riding I hit a sharp pointy rock,right in the middle of the belly under the motor, didn't think much about it as it's pritty thick alluminum under there. Well today I was adjusting my limiter straps and look what I saw,It is still holding fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
wow,your lucky, i hit a really nice ramp in the fields close to my house, on the way back gas station and upon lift off the sled bottomed out tearing open the heat exchanger,losing all the coolant.i wasn't to far from my house.this suspension sucks, clearly for flaaaaaaaaaaat groomed trails only. if you are going to ride in low snow conditions you will need a belly pan/skid plate that covers the heat exchanger. look under your sled. all it takes is one small rock. i have 1330 miles in canada no problems,12 miles in pa ripped open heat exchanger. someone said it here,we are bpr test dummies we buy there products, and find the component flaws.ie fouls plugs,oil issues,overheating in low snow(hot in short time).there are others.

·
Registered
816 Posts
coolclassiccars said:
wow,your lucky, i hit a really nice ramp in the fields close to my house, on the way back gas station and upon lift off the sled bottomed out tearing open the heat exchanger,losing all the coolant.i wasn't to far from my house.this suspension sucks, clearly for flaaaaaaaaaaat groomed trails only. if you are going to ride in low snow conditions you will need a belly pan/skid plate that covers the heat exchanger. look under your sled. all it takes is one small rock. i have 1330 miles in canada no problems,12 miles in pa ripped open heat exchanger. someone said it here,we are bpr test dummies we buy there products, and find the component flaws.ie fouls plugs,oil issues,overheating in low snow(hot in short time).there are others.

[snapback]279763[/snapback]​
you guys should see my front radiators from running 1.375 studs with the stock track. one ride away from going through. i always kept up with the track tension also. if someone says they are fine they either dont run top end or have not looked under the sled yet .

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can't replace the exchanger without a whole new frame. The dealer is supposed to be getting it welded. I'm hoping the drive will be covered on warranty. Should have it back this week and I hope I'll be able to finish the season without any other problems.

·
Registered
333 Posts
mach 2005 said:
coolclassiccars said:

you guys should see my front radiators from running 1.375 studs with the stock track. one ride away from going through. i always kept up with the track tension also. if someone says they are fine they either dont run top end or have not looked under the sled yet .

[snapback]279773[/snapback]​
If your running 1.375 studs with your stock track then your braindead.Not much wonder they are hitting.The stock track is 1 inch, so the recommended stud height is 1.075 and the prefered height by most is 1.175.Do the math.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Twister said:
mach 2005 said:
coolclassiccars said:

[snapback]279773[/snapback]​
If your running 1.375 studs with your stock track then your braindead.Not much wonder they are hitting.The stock track is 1 inch, so the recommended stud height is 1.075 and the prefered height by most is 1.175.Do the math.
[snapback]279960[/snapback]​
no sh**, i bought this sled with these in it and figured i would try it. dont talk to me like i am an idiot. and by the way my other one that i studded has 1175 megabites in it . and i figured that out with out your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.