Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey guys so I decided to pull my raves and discovered that they are very very dirty. I cleaned most of it off with a copper wire brush and carb cleaner but I was just wondering how you guys clean the inside of the motor where the raves go? I didn't want to go scrubbing in there because i didn't want to get the nasty stuff on my pistons. Any advice would be appreciated

Rave 3.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts
Seems like the only way to do it safely would be to pull the jugs. Otherwise you might be able to pull the y-pipe and try to catch whatever falls down with a shop towel but that seems like it would be alot more risk when a little extra work you could take the jug off and give it a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I place the piston on TDC,use a small round brush to clean down in the holes,then blow the crap out with air.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I use a tooth brush with carb or brake cleaner (what ever is in the cabinet). When I'm done I'll blow it out with the air compressor. Anything that is missed by blowing it out shouldnt hurt the motor as its mostly oil and carbon residue, and with the tooth brush I dont have to worry about any metal bristle breaking off and scratching the cylinder.

·
Registered
294 Posts
How often do you guys clean your RAVEs? I've been doing it anually but I only get 1,000 miles a year on my sled.

·
Registered
190 Posts
With how much oil the Etecs go through should I be looking to clean the valves after break in is complete?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts