Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you ever clean your own carbs on your sled? I haven't had our sleds out this year yet and my wife and I decided to go riding this weekend. Well my %$%$ing sled is only running on one cyclinder and I'm sick of always bring them in to have cleaned at a 100 bucks a pop. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do so that maybe we can still get out this weekend to ride? HELP

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
Yeah I take my carbs apart quite often to rejet and tune my 440X. It isn't that difficult to just clean them. It would be best to have a buddy show you how to clean them the first time.

You already replaced the plugs right?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wecker20 said:
sounds like a bad plug.
[snapback]709561[/snapback]​
No it's not the plugs. I put brand new plugs in. The right cyclinder isn't getting any fuel so I'm sure the needle valve is plugged up. I just wished I knew how to take it apart to either replace the valve or at least clean it up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There are very good step by step instructions on here. I did mine myself for the first time and it was very easy!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MN Rider said:
There are very good step by step instructions on here. I did mine myself for the first time and it was very easy!!!
[snapback]709738[/snapback]​
Like where do I look?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Follow the guidelines as mentioned in the forum link. It's always a good idea to clean one carb at a time, that way if you have question as to how something goes back together, you can reference the carb that is still together.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
brax4x4 said:
Follow the guidelines as mentioned in the forum link. It's always a good idea to clean one carb at a time, that way if you have question as to how something goes back together, you can reference the carb that is still together.
[snapback]710112[/snapback]​
Good point

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, I also did them one at a time. Everything went well and it ran great after I was done.
Just as a note, I did not drain the coolant tank, I gently pinched the line off the tank with a needle nosed vice grips and shut off the coolant valve to the carbs and lost almost no coolant.

·
Registered
639 Posts
when you put them back in make sure the main gas line doesn't get pinched. I've managed to doo that twice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I have to Thank everyone a bunch. I tore into my sled this morning and followed the instructions that were posted and it took me almost 3 hours to take apart, clean and reassemble the carbs and it runs great now. This forum is awesome. So many people on here are willing to help with whatever question is posted. Thank You DOO brothers. Now my wife and I can go riding tomorrow.

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
Double chk all your fuel lines please after running for a short time.
And also the float bowls for leaking fuel.
We don't need to read about revs burning up.
Rich

1 - 14 of 14 Posts