Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Ok. I have seen numerous topics on here about what to use in order to clean the sled. But what about the gear???? I just purchased a new sno x shell a week ago and after one ride I have a couple nasty black exhaust marks on it. What doo you guys use to keep your gear looking fresh? Nobody wants to be dirty!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,432 Posts
I never put goretex (or fake goretex) in the washer. If I get something on my coat I'll clean the area with soapy water, but washing waterproof/breathable material wrecks it. Just leave the grease on there, makes you look like a die hard snowmobiler... I keep a set of old bibs in the truck that are all duck taped up for working on stuff... as long as I remember not to wrench in my good gear it doesn't really need cleaning.
I try to keep my friends gear clean by roosting them all the time. Maybe that's why my coat is so clean too...
 

·
Former moderator, now just a regular old Dootalker
Joined
·
4,570 Posts
HammerRev85 said:
OK Ok. I have seen numerous topics on here about what to use in order to clean the sled. But what about the gear???? I just purchased a new sno x shell a week ago and after one ride I have a couple nasty black exhaust marks on it. What doo you guys use to keep your gear looking fresh? Nobody wants to be dirty!!!

[snapback]692338[/snapback]​
I just use regular laundry detergent...pour some on the stain, and then rub the material together to work out the stains. Then I wash it in the machine on delicate cycle with NO fabric softener. If the regular detergent doesn't work, try Murphy's oil soap. (The same stuff you use on wooden floors, etc.) You wouldn't believe what that stuff can get out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
You can wash and dry Gore Tex, but you must use a powder detergent. I was and dry my Klim gear and it is as good as new and still completely waterproof.


DO NOT wash or dry Slednecks gear. It is pretty much good for only one use.


EDIT: Oh yea, DO NOT use fabric softener.

All this information should be on the tag of your jacket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,756 Posts
I have Ski-Doo X-Team gear. I put the pants and the jacket in the wash machine every few rides or so. I have never had a problem dooing so. It just makes it look and smell better. I doo have a few grease spots on my sleeves, I have never tried to get them off.
-Use a wash machine IMO!!!
 

·
Fanny
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
Robin got some sorta Blue gunk on his. Looked like he rubbed against something. We washed it. Jacket is still ok. But a bit of it is still there Deep stain I guess. other then using SHOUT and Tide *WITH FEBREEZE* sniff sniff ahhhhhhh Its still there a bit any suggestions for that?
 

·
Former moderator, now just a regular old Dootalker
Joined
·
4,570 Posts
*FAN~GIRL* said:
Robin got some sorta Blue gunk on his. Looked like he rubbed against something. We washed it. Jacket is still ok. But a bit of it is still there Deep stain I guess. other then using SHOUT and Tide *WITH FEBREEZE* sniff sniff ahhhhhhh Its still there a bit any suggestions for that?
[snapback]692437[/snapback]​
Murphy's oil soap. I swear! Try it!
 

·
Fanny
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
Awesome! I shall try that then. This gear is so expensive you really want to take good care of it!!! Any tricks are always awesome to have!!!

Thanks Alot skidoochick22!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Former moderator, now just a regular old Dootalker
Joined
·
4,570 Posts
*FAN~GIRL* said:
Awesome! I shall try that then. This gear is so expensive you really want to take good care of it!!! Any tricks are always awesome to have!!!

Thanks Alot skidoochick22!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]692452[/snapback]​
No problem!
How do you like your new sled?
 

·
Fanny
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
Im loving it. Think its the perfect fit for me! Nice on fuel. Not noticing any problems with the shocks, really! I was really worried about that. The only problem I have sometimes is with the low windshield. My neck does get cold some days but other then that its a good looking nice handling sled
Thanks for asking!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,731 Posts
*FAN~GIRL* said:
Awesome! I shall try that then. This gear is so expensive you really want to take good care of it!!! Any tricks are always awesome to have!!!

Thanks Alot skidoochick22!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]692452[/snapback]​
I think I am going to put some of this in papa's bath water after his ride.....maybe then he wouldn't smell like an old goat!!!
 

·
Former moderator, now just a regular old Dootalker
Joined
·
4,570 Posts


MamaSled said:
*FAN~GIRL* said:
Awesome! I shall try that then. This gear is so expensive you really want to take good care of it!!! Any tricks are always awesome to have!!!

Thanks Alot skidoochick22!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]692452[/snapback]​
I think I am going to put some of this in papa's bath water after his ride.....maybe then he wouldn't smell like an old goat!!!
[snapback]692472[/snapback]​
 

·
Fanny
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ANOTHER TRICK!!!!!!!!!
Good thinking Mama!!!
Hows your 550F working for you?!?!? Liking yours as much as I like mine?

But a goat really? My parents live beside a goat fam and its pretty rank smelling. Surely he couldnt be THAT bad.... but hey you live with papa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,731 Posts
*FAN~GIRL* said:
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ANOTHER TRICK!!!!!!!!!
Good thinking Mama!!!
Hows your 550F working for you?!?!? Liking yours as much as I like mine?

But a goat really? My parents live beside a goat fam and its pretty rank smelling. Surely he couldnt be THAT bad.... but hey you live with papa

[snapback]692475[/snapback]​
No actually I was just kidding about the goat!! Well maybe a baby goat!

I am loving my MXZelda......awesome sled!! I would suggest to you to get the Summit windshield put on it for $125.00 my neck is never cold.

I just want to ride all the time....I was having shoulder problems for months now but everytime I get on my new sled the shoulder stops hurting...I guess it is just the movement or muscle use.....it sure helps ease the pain though.

I have awesome riding gear and even at -30 I dont get cold.

Papa bought me the new Ski-doo ladies hybrid boots for xmas and they are incredible. MY tooties are toastie in them.

Papa takes VERY good care of his riding buddy.....
 

·
Fanny
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
Yeah I keep hearing that. To go get the Summit Windshield. Likely going to happen.
I think that really would make a big difference.
My feet arent ever cold. But I would love to have a jacket that goes further down the back. And matches with the sled.

I have named him Stinger. Original isnt it!
I know what you mean about feeling better. I think its a healing machine! I was dog sick last weekend but as soon as I got on the sled and got going I was good to go. And I noticed as soon as I stopped i was sick all over. Maybe it was just from distraction... but who knows. Its a smooth little thing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
therealsnowdog said:
Only a bunch of women could take a thread about cleaning and turn it into a thread about snowmobiling...

[snapback]692515[/snapback]​
 

·
Fanny
Joined
·
2,449 Posts

Well maybe we're the die hards?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,072 Posts
MamaSled said:
*FAN~GIRL* said:
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ANOTHER TRICK!!!!!!!!!
Good thinking Mama!!!
Hows your 550F working for you?!?!? Liking yours as much as I like mine?

But a goat really? My parents live beside a goat fam and its pretty rank smelling. Surely he couldnt be THAT bad.... but hey you live with papa

[snapback]692475[/snapback]​
No actually I was just kidding about the goat!! Well maybe a baby goat!

I am loving my MXZelda......awesome sled!! I would suggest to you to get the Summit windshield put on it for $125.00 my neck is never cold.

I just want to ride all the time....I was having shoulder problems for months now but everytime I get on my new sled the shoulder stops hurting...I guess it is just the movement or muscle use.....it sure helps ease the pain though.

I have awesome riding gear and even at -30 I dont get cold.

Papa bought me the new Ski-doo ladies hybrid boots for xmas and they are incredible. MY tooties are toastie in them.

Papa takes VERY good care of his riding buddy.....

[snapback]692492[/snapback]​
*FAN~GIRL* said:
Yeah I keep hearing that. To go get the Summit Windshield. Likely going to happen.
I think that really would make a big difference.
My feet arent ever cold. But I would love to have a jacket that goes further down the back. And matches with the sled.

I have named him Stinger. Original isnt it!
I know what you mean about feeling better. I think its a healing machine! I was dog sick last weekend but as soon as I got on the sled and got going I was good to go. And I noticed as soon as I stopped i was sick all over. Maybe it was just from distraction... but who knows. Its a smooth little thing!
[snapback]692500[/snapback]​
So, what all you guys out there can learn from this:

1) Get her a MXZ X 550 Fan....perfect for the better halves !

2) Let them name it anything they want, after all, we get to name our...well, you know.....

P Sleddy out afro.gif
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top