Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,596 Posts
mine was low when new, topped it off and remained the same for 1000 miles and just did 1st oil change.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2022 renegade x 900 r bought a oil change kit over at smiths marine ! Ended up using 1/2 quart ! Brake fluid on minimum too ! Don't trust anyone , it's your sled ! Check your fluids , one thing I didn't buy my sled from smiths , I was in old forge and I always stop in to say hi ! Can't pass up a skidoo dealership and you got to buy something !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
My 900r was low on oil when I picked it up. Had to add 1/2 qrt prior to my first ride.

·
Registered
2020 Enduro 900NA, 2022 Enduro 900NA, 2016 Adrenaline 800; 2008 Yamaha Vector LTX GT
331 Posts
For those new to the 900 ACE, at least with the NAs there is a bit of a ritual to go through. Can't just check it cold, needs to be warmed up, shut down, wait a couple minutes, then check. Cold checks give incorrect readings.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have noticed when it sits for a week it doesn't even register on the dipstick
start it and try again and its right at full
If u check it after a day or 2 the level is fine
weird:unsure:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have noticed when it sits for a week it doesn't even register on the dipstick
start it and try again and its right at full
If u check it after a day or 2 the level is fine
weird:unsure:

As Yeti pointed out, the oil check procedure for BRP products (at least for my two sleds and Spyders) is to check when hot. The engine must be at operating temp for the dipstick reading to be accurate.

·
boost junkie
11,249 Posts
when you check engine oil you dont check the motor level you check the tank level
you need to start the motor so the pump can drain the sump to get the correct reading

·
Registered
20 Posts
Like others have said , you need to check oil level when engine is warm . When my dealer went through my sled with me when I was picking it up it was like a quart low on the stick .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts