Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys- swapped out a 250 citation track for a newer one and now having a hell of a time getting the front of the trolley to line up with bolt holes...any tricks you can share to lift the front of it? ...i am fighting with the springs under the running boards that are pushing it down

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
829 Posts
If it is like suspensions I've worked on (late 70 skidoos), you can lift the back way up and put a log under the front of the track, then lower the back down until he front arm will swing up basically vertical and put the bolts in each side. you don't really need to compress the springs to do this, but make sure they are in the correct position. lift the back up again, take the log out, lower the back down until the rear arm will swing and line up more or less vertical, put bolts in. Lower the sled all the way down and button up the rest of the suspension, limiter strap, suspension shock etc. make sure the track tightening bolts are all the way loose, or it will never line up - done that .. I lift the back from the rear grab bar with a pulley block hung in my garage.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
unhook the limiter strap ,lift the front arm in place, put your bolts in then compress the suspension to put the strap back on , then take the pin out of the rear shock ( the one on the top ) put the rear bolts in then colapse the suspension to put the pin back in the shock

·
Registered
658 Posts
Not sure this would work with a later 250 citation. But on the early 80's citations with the same style spring, I just leave the straight end of the rear spring disconnected until the suspension is in.

Lay the sled on its side swing the track/suspension almost perpendicular to the tunnel so there is no pressure on the front spring. Put one front bolt in - flip it over then put the other front in.

Put the back bolts in the same way Side to side - BUT don't hook the springs over the adjusters on the suspension - No spring pressure. When the Bolts are in use a pry bar to get the spring ends over the adjusters. Crow bar with the little hook on the end works best for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Is the Tundra suspension that pocmts is asking about a "torque reaction" unit ? I am not too familiar with Tundra - 250s.

I believe it is the torque reaction unit.... If so check out this link. I can tell you for sure it works very slick. Not to knock any ones method, but.....Really there is no need to fight this suspension ( springs etc, it is very, very easy to install by your self in just a few minutes if: you shafts are straight, bolt holes are good, track is not shrunk etc. I know some fellas recommend buying or building a tool to install springs at the end, WHY...you do NOT need to do that. Follow the procedure in this link and its eazy peazy

https://www.teshio.com/oldski-doosleds/rr.htm#blizzard

pocmts….As you already have the suspension out, just start at the install point. But...….remove the limiter strap from the lower cross shaft and remove the pin from the top of rear shock before you start. Good luck. It really is very easy.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
It IS a torque reaction suspension , nice write up from Bones there .

:worthy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts