Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 86 Citation ls with the intention of teaching my son how to ride. Is this too much sled for a 6 year old?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well IMO not as good as a mini z, kitty cat, or 120 dragon.... It will definatly build his muscles!

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
I just bought a 86 Citation ls with the intention of teaching my son how to ride. Is this too much sled for a 6 year old?
i think its a great sled to start on and learn how to ride. if i had kids i would rather have them learn on a sled like this or even my own sled then a mini z.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was about to get him a mini z then this sled popped up. Im thinking of restricting the throttle somehow.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was about to get him a mini z then this sled popped up. Im thinking of restricting the throttle somehow.
My Grandpa rapped a small piece of rubber around the handle bar so I could not press the throttle all the way to the bar when I was learning to ride 30 years ago. I started my 5 year old son out on a Formula 380. We would ride seasonal roads with my wife leading , my son in the middle , and my self bringing up the rear. This way my wife controled the speed while I kept a watchfull eye on him. My son knows if I catch him doing something I dont like he is done for the day . It only took one time of me pulling his sled back and him riding with his mom to get the point.Now he old enough to take the safty course lite years ahead of every one else.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can always adjust the throttle cable so there is a ton of slack and throttle only opens partially...i done this on street bikes --i call it the saftey zone!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last season i let him sit in front of me on my sled and he just pinned the throttle almost threw me off the sled. If i slack the cable it only takes a few seconds to return it to normal? My wife wants to ride it to.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Started my little sister out on a Skiroule 292 she was 8yrs I put a heater hose clamp with a piece of hose under it under the flipper it worked great and was easy on and off,as needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts