Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

like I've mentionned yesterday, I recently bought a Citation 250 1985.

I was looking for a user or technical manual but those who answer me suggested that should post my problem instead.

Excellent.

So, the problem is that the front light burns in few seconds as soon as I change the bulb.

Don't worry, I've done it only once.

The seller told me, when I bought the machine, that I only had to replace the bulb.

Hum...

What can I do to solve my problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it something I have to replace or can it be repair?

Where is it located on the Citation?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
you will have to replace it, no real way to repair it. I believe it located on the handlebar support, but not sure. Anyway look for a small black, or grey box(about 1x1 inch) and look for a wire going to it. Most ski-doo lighting systems use a yellow wire, so find that and follow it out of your magneto.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yep ,its your voltage reg. You will have wires comming out of the mag side of the engine to the voltage reg. the large Yellow wire will be A C voltage the others will be D C voltage you can check your D C voltage with a volt meter. That voltage will change with engine RPM but shoud not go over about 14.2 volts if I remember right. A bad reg. will give you no reading or a very high reading . Good luck

·
Registered
357 Posts
the voltage regulator is located infront of the gas tank to the side a little box could be with or gray with white and yeallow wires running out of it also if u cant find that try reblacing ur cd box

·
Registered
115 Posts
my everest 500 has a similar problem only it only burns out when i change from high to low or low to high beams. is that the voltage regulator too?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
lacja said:
Is it something I have to replace or can it be repair?

Where is it located on the Citation?
[snapback]719634[/snapback]​
Close to the recoil starter handle,along the tank.Black box with a yellow wire coming out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts