Master Electrician
2,304 Posts
yooperdoo said:
Can someone show me a pix of the cir clip tool,
and tell me how to use it.

Thanks,
Yooperdoo
[snapback]718287[/snapback]​
Yooper dude go to the hardware store, they cost about $10 or less. Diffrent sizes are available,ie. 3",6",8" etc. Angled and straight. You have to decide which ones You want. I have angled and straight in 3" and 6", Have yet to find any circlips I could'nt remove. Or You could go to an auto parts store they should have good selection. ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
bransan said:
yooperdoo said:
Can someone show me a pix of the cir clip tool,
and tell me how to use it.

Thanks,
Yooperdoo
[snapback]718287[/snapback]​
Yooper dude go to the hardware store, they cost about $10 or less. Diffrent sizes are available,ie. 3",6",8" etc. Angled and straight. You have to decide which ones You want. I have angled and straight in 3" and 6", Have yet to find any circlips I could'nt remove. Or You could go to an auto parts store they should have good selection. ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!

[snapback]718532[/snapback]​
I think he is wanting to know about the tool used to install the circlip, BRP has a tool that costs $35.00 that makes installing the circlips in the pistons very easy.

·
FAQ man
3,848 Posts
I got this tip off of here, and it works great....

-Take one set of medium sized needle nose pliers
-Grab a file out of the toolbox
-Now, near the end of the pliers file a small groove perpendicular across the tip of the pliers on the inside, gripping surface
-Repeat to the other jaw of the needle nose pliers

This will allow you to get a good hold on those pain in the a** to install piston circlips and put them in with ease.

Jerry C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts