Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what causes a chirp when taking off ? clutch and secondary faces are clean, top of cogs on belt are flush with secondary. 2012 gsxse. could it be a weak primary or secondary spring? they have never been changed

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I can hear something down by my brake rotor, or at least that's where I think it's coming from at about 25mph. It sounds like there's gravel in there. I first noticed it on a saddlebag trip last weekend. I thought maybe it was ice but I could still hear it after we put on 600 miles. I had it in to my dealer and the said they put some grease on the shaft but I can still hear the grinding noise. It's hard to tell where the noise is coming from but it doesn't sound like it's coming from the secondary but I'm going to check it out anyway. The sled holds RPM's fine but I do feel a vibration at about 50mph which I've never noticed before.

I haven't tightened the track yet ('16 with 1,700 miles) but it doesn't ratchet so I left it alone. Could this be the culprut? Seems like a long-shot but you never know I guess. Otherwise, my other thought is a bad bearing.

Reactions: Mosinee

·
boost junkie
10,598 Posts
brake rotor rattle is common

there is a o-ring behind the disk to keep it tight against the c-clip

they are thin and dont last long

barely put on the brake and see if it goes away

Reactions: Mosinee

·
RPG
2022 Renegade X 900r Turbo
1,216 Posts
Scotch bright and wash the belt. Scotch bright and clean the clutch surfaces, check deflection and adjust as needed. If the belt has stretched a bit you may have to replace it to eliminate the start squeal. Scrub and wash new belt also before installing. Good Luck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replys. do you wash the clutch faces with scotch brite pad and water then rinse and dry with rag?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
You have to raise the belt height in the secondary. I had the same thing happen to me. I'm just showing the thread in the side of belt.

i was thinking I have a slightly longer belt from factory.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
brake rotor rattle is common

there is a o-ring behind the disk to keep it tight against the c-clip

they are thin and dont last long

barely put on the brake and see if it goes away
Yes, it does go away when I slightly apply the break...good catch!!!!! Is there an alternative to the ski-doo o-ring (i.e. better quality)? Thanks for the tip, I'm going to take it apart tonight.

Thanks again Chris...dooTalk rules!!!!!!!!!!!! :righton :righton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts