Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 91 cheyenne and it recently started to not work properly. It was running good but sometimes it was bogging a little when I'd get in real deep snow and carve it a lot.
And now it starts but dies after about 5 seconds.
I can give it a little gas and runs great within those 5 seconds. I also iddles ok but still dies after... I also need to prime it up afterwards to start it back up...
I cleaned the carb, fuel pump and put some new spark plugs.
I should also mention that the throttle would also freeze sometimes and needed to heat the carb and oil pump...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
God yes, that might be it there was a jet I couldn't get out, that's probably it. I'll get it out and update you! Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nop, still dying... I think I'm gonna soak the carb in gas cause when I cleaned it I only use carb cleaner in spray... What do you think?

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Nop, still dying... I think I'm gonna soak the carb in gas cause when I cleaned it I only use carb cleaner in spray... What do you think?
That's a start , blow out all of the small passages after it soaks . Can you keep the motor running with hte primer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I can, but it's struggling a bit... I did what you said and it's stil dying... I really don't know what it is, could it be the oil pump? pumping too much oil? Maybe the fuel filter? I wanted to check it but I don't know where it's at... Does anybody know?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, i checked the line that was out of the tank because I couldn't prime it anymore, there were no gas, i got some in and I could prime it but still does the same thing...

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
You can pry the rubber grommet out of the tank to avoid damage to the fitting , the tank line will be attached to the back side and come out at the same time . Go slow if the pickup screen is still in place or it will pull off and end up in the bottom of the tank . To reinstall after you replace the line , install the grommet with the fuel line and pickup passing through but slightly outside the grommet , lightly lube the fitting and push it in place .

·
Registered
787 Posts
I take mine out evey summer, just put the tank in the hot sun and it comes out really easy. A heat lamp would work i guess but with all the gas fums -- be carefull.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok thanks, I'm pretty busy right now, so I'll probably get to it this week end. Could I use a heat gun?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright! So I just removed the line that connected to the tank and it spilled gas so I know gas is coming out of there... I then checked at the end of that line (where it connects to the fuel pump) and gas also poured out. So we know that gas is going to the fuel pump. Next I got the line from the fuel pump to the carburator and unplug it from the carburator and cranked a few times while the tube was in a ziploc and no gas got out of the tube. I also gravity feeded it to confirm it was the fuel pump; it ran perfectecly. So i'll buy a new fuel pump and update you guys if it works, or not! Anyway, thanks to all of you for your help!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts