Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
They seem to work just as well when you cant see them at night as they do in the day. either way they are pretty much useless!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Your right, it does read empty after about 40 miles, all it does then is distract you, there is absolutly no way of knowing how much fuel is in there. The answer is a clear tank and at $189 it is not bad for the piece of mind. Still though you don't know exactly due to all the steps and contours of the tank. I use the trip, at 80 I worry, at 100 it is panic time. I have never run out of gas, even with the gas caddy that holds 3.5 real gallons.

·
Registered
443 Posts
REVeng2 said:
I GOT TIRED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE HOW MUCH FUEL I HAD LEFT WHEN RIDING AT NIGHT. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
SORRY ABOUT THE PICTURE QUALITY.
[snapback]682782[/snapback]​
yep empty thats what mine reads 90% of the time. keep track of your milage the gauge is horse "edit for bad language"

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments. Neg and Pos.

I agree that the gage doesn't work well, and if you ride in the dark long enough, it stops glowing.

The kits will be ready to ship the first week of Feb. Just trying to get ahold of the correct clip and figure out the final cost. The instructions are complete and I've had a few friends install the kit on their own following the instructions alone with real good results.

Joe.

·
Registered
457 Posts
REVeng2 said:
Thanks for the comments. Neg and Pos.

I agree that the gage doesn't work well, and if you ride in the dark long enough, it stops glowing.

The kits will be ready to ship the first week of Feb. Just trying to get ahold of the correct clip and figure out the final cost. The instructions are complete and I've had a few friends install the kit on their own following the instructions alone with real good results.

Joe.
[snapback]684515[/snapback]​
Right on

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
kit??

I did it in 03 and each sled since... all you need is a instrument light from any car, or you can buy them at NAPA, get blue or red and then it's is not as annoying as the white.

no need for a socket or anything... solder two wires directly to the bulb, wrap the soldered part of th buld with electric tape, wire the other end to the accessory connector under the dash... (need about a foot of "speaker wire") then just use two sided tape, and stick the "electric taped part" of the bulb to the underside of console near the gauge...

I realize it servers no purpose than to remind you that the gauge sucks.. but it looks cool... and it should have come from the factory that way...

total cost >1.50$
time >15 mins

·
Registered
443 Posts
Wireless101 said:
let me know also when the light is for sale
on everybody elses though on the crap gauge. I was reading a forum that they have a update out for it and it's like $30? makes it right to the money? Anybody else....i'd like to invest.
[snapback]683253[/snapback]​
-thats the first i heard of thay, more info please

·
Registered
299 Posts
don't have much more to give....read up somewhere people were commenting on it and they said there was a kit for the new ones that made them more correct in reading fuel.... they said the cost and it was under $40...sounds like you could just get something right from skidoo...they made it sound like it was factory....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.