Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 800GSX Ho isn't charging.
Checked ohms on stator wire, no shorts to ground. I can not find a downloadable service manual to check reg/rec. Also I was told a relay may be bad but not sure which one....can anyone help out please!? A service manual for specs would be a great help

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
The 30A by the battery is the battery charging fuse. Measure voltage on both sides of the fuse. For the manual Google ski doo shop manuals bulletins campaigns.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
is the battery so dead that it won't take a charge?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The battery is around 12.4v.
I'd like to see it around 12.8v static.
When I was servicing this sled for a friend I always check to make sure its charging and there was no reading at the battery while running other than the 12.4v.
It should be upwards to 14v.....I took the ohm readings, checked for shorts to grnd and all good....

·
Registered
2 Posts
my renegade shows 7 volts on the charging circuit,when i pull the fuse for the headlights ,it goes back to 14 volts

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
When I was servicing this sled for a friend I always check to make sure its charging and there was no reading at the battery while running other than the 12.4v.
It should be upwards to 14v.....I took the ohm readings, checked for shorts to grnd and all good....
Once you get it sorted out you may need to rejuvenate the battery. A tip on troubleshooting the electrical, use a volt meter. I rarely use the ohm setting unless I have to. It is much like using a test light.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Ok, did you ohm between the yellow wires? You said no shorts to gnd but didn't mention about ohming between stator phases. If that checks, do the stator ac output test. If that checks out, you will need to test the regulator/rectifier.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
My 2007 800GSX Ho isn't charging.
Also I was told a relay may be bad but not sure which one....can anyone help out please!? A service manual for specs would be a great help
That sled only has one relay and it located above the secondary clutch tie wrapped to the pyramid frame.

You may want to try a relay out of a working sled.

Manual and e-start sleds use the same relay btw.

Also check for corrosion on each end of the relay harness.

I dont think there is any procedure to test the vr.

But with the sled running try checking the voltage on the red wire coming out of the vr.

hope this helps

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
my renegade shows 7 volts on the charging circuit,when i pull the fuse for the headlights ,it goes back to 14 volts
The most complicated portion of the electrical comes from being overwhelmed when opening the side panels. It looks like a bunch of wires. There is a way around this problem. The first thing is to find where the 5 most important things are, the Fuses (two 20A fuses for the Accessories and the Battery charging fuse), the Relay, the two handlebar connectors, the 5 wire connector for the Stator and VRR, and all the Grounds. The next step is learning to draw the Power Distribution free hand. If this sounds much, I will bet that anyone can do this in less than hour. For a shortcut, the AC stator feeds the VRR which becomes the DC Power Source that powers everything through two simple Black and Red wires. As you saw from the sled running with 12.4 Vdc, all that is needed to run the sled can be done with a 12V battery. This opens the door to having a spin bench (engine) to test the Stator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts