Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My rear springs seem to have had enough after 8000km. I am looking for some recommendations on what to change. I changed both shocks this year thinking this was the problem but realized the springs need to be changed. Should I replace with stock springs or with something stiffer? I weigh 180 and like to ride with a passenger once in a while.
I am also wondering what the difference is between the SC-10, SC-10II, and SC-10III?

·
Registered
697 Posts
jasonboyer96 said:
I am also wondering what the difference is between the SC-10, SC-10II, and SC-10III?
[snapback]720520[/snapback]​
II & III's have better coupling action to make a much smoother ride, especially over stutter bumps. Rode my buddie's '02 MXZ and it was like a pillow compared to my '98 Z w/ SC-10. I put the AD Boivin ETS kit on mine, and it helped tons, best $100 I spent, also put on flex ski's. Those two made a HUGE difference. They still however, don't compare to the SC-10III.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
intensert said:
jasonboyer96 said:
II & III's have better coupling action to make a much smoother ride, especially over stutter bumps. Rode my buddie's '02 MXZ and it was like a pillow compared to my '98 Z w/ SC-10. I put the AD Boivin ETS kit on mine, and it helped tons, best $100 I spent, also put on flex ski's. Those two made a HUGE difference. They still however, don't compare to the SC-10III.
[snapback]720687[/snapback]​
Thanks for the reply, I already have flex skis and I removed the ETS kit I had since I was losing a lot of travel and have not seen much of a difference without it except for the bottoming out that I had before. I don't bottom out anymore except that I must have the setting as stiff as possible for one up riding. That's why I was hoping an upgraded set of springs would help.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
jasonboyer96 said:
intensert said:
jasonboyer96 said:
Thanks for the reply, I already have flex skis and I removed the ETS kit I had since I was losing a lot of travel and have not seen much of a difference without it except for the bottoming out that I had before. I don't bottom out anymore except that I must have the setting as stiff as possible for one up riding. That's why I was hoping an upgraded set of springs would help.
[snapback]721180[/snapback]​
I'm in the same dilema with my 99Z. I have heard mixed opinions on the ETS kit. I wish I knew someone who had one to try.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XcellR8 said:
jasonboyer96 said:
intensert said:
jasonboyer96 said:
I'm in the same dilema with my 99Z. I have heard mixed opinions on the ETS kit. I wish I knew someone who had one to try.
[snapback]722756[/snapback]​
I just ordered 2 new springs for the rear. Both a bit stiffer than the stock ones. I'll let you know how it goes. My friend/mechanic says the ETS is good but especially for drags and speed runs. I have not seen much of a difference after removing it.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
jasonboyer96 said:
XcellR8 said:
jasonboyer96 said:
intensert said:
jasonboyer96 said:
[snapback]722756[/snapback]​
I just ordered 2 new springs for the rear. Both a bit stiffer than the stock ones. I'll let you know how it goes. My friend/mechanic says the ETS is good but especially for drags and speed runs. I have not seen much of a difference after removing it.
[snapback]723425[/snapback]​
I always thought the ETS kit took turned it into a fully coupled suspension but took away from the weight transfer? Yeah, I'd like to hear what difference the springs make. When my wife comes out I throw on the two up so her added weight is right at the rear of the sled. Riding two up is the main reason I need to do something with my suspension. I was thinking I might just do the same for now but down the road I may put in an SC10-II or III if I come across a deal on one. I kind of hate to spend $100 on stiffer rear sprngs if I'm not going to keep the skid unless it's a big improvement and not too harsh of a ride when solo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts