Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Mxz sport 600 ace. Handling is all over the place , it fishtails badly. I was thinking of switching to a tnt track (used) which is 1.25.

When we first got this machine the dealer told us not to stud the track due to the height of the heat exchanger, So I am not sure how to accommodate the extra height.

The newer models all have deeper lugs now so clearly they found it to be a problem.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well I think you have a few options. Fish tailing can be caused by conditions on the trail, rear suspension settings but most likely track alignment. I'd first check your alignment on the track per the manual and then reevaluate.

To answer your question, you can put a 1.25 track with studs (not sure on length) just make sure you put tunnel protectors on and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
With 60 hp and a track spinning all the time, the rear spring preload is likely to high. Reset your suspension and try it first. A 1.25 track without studs on that machine would likely work well, but may get pushy with studs. Suspension setup and throttle control is important on any sled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts