Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*%@!! I just put a new belt on the 05 600 HO and the secondary will not close after turning the opener-tool back out. What the hell is going on here?? I need the sled in the morning!!

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
it just needs to be engaged. lol

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
put it on the trackstand and giver a good shot of throttle. The pressure of the primary grabbing your belt should snap the secondary closed again. If not, try turning the outer sheaves of the secondary by hand...the sheave closest to you needs to go clockwise to close while the sheave farthest from you needs to go counter-clockwise to close. Do it without the belt in there. If you can't make the thing budge then I think something needs replacing.

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
Take a rubber mallet and tap it around the center of secondary not on the edges. I said tap not beat it
While up in the air you can rotate by hand while doing it.
Mine has done this also.

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys,
I put it up, reved it up and the belt fell in and shut it. Took it around the yard and all seams OK....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bumplover said:
*%@!! I just put a new belt on the 05 600 HO and the secondary will not close after turning the opener-tool back out. What the hell is going on here?? I need the sled in the morning!!
[snapback]684316[/snapback]​
"YOU'LL COME DOWN MAN,YOUR ONLY TRIPPING" ! just start it up and engage....It will be OK.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.