Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Doo and a first post on Dootalk.Been on a cat for the last sixteen years and jumped fence and bought a 2016 Backcountry.I am definitely in love for the first 80 miles and looking forward to the next ride after we get this little heatwave thru northern MI.The last Doo I spent any time on was an SS25 I believe it was called.All I remember was that it had a 462? With a single carb.After that it was Polaris Indy's until 2000 with my ZR 6 snow check.

Just curious if anyone has mounted a small chainsaw on there tunnel.I have a small Stihl with a 12 inch bar that I would like to take boondocking.I would dig hearing from anybody with experience doing this.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
You should go look in the Scandic / Expedition forum. Guys over there have very inventive minds. They can turn a sled into a motorhome........

And Welcome to the "addiction".....LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not a small saw, but I mounted my Husky case on a piece of plate, mounted to the Linq brackets. Along with a spot to hold the saw gas.

We carry a saw on a ski trail groomer (Skandic), not in a case, and it gets filled with snow dust and freezes up.......

Axe is mounted to bumper with an Axe Mate mount.
gallery_348249_10361_26220.jpg

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yes welcome and i WOULD NOT put anything right on the heat exchanger,there are a couple places selling plates to mount on like

Thunder Chicken made, enjoy the new sled :revinmotion:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts