Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No doubt there has been discussion on the before. But with new chassis only a couple season long. I was curious as to how people are carrying their saw. This is the last piece to the puzzle for my new swt. Right now it’s just lashed in the rack inside a repurposed duffle bag.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Hood Light Luggage and bags Motor vehicle

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use a more or less permanent large cargo box so the chainsaw is sitting on top cover with the blade pointing down and back at about a 35 degree angle give or take.
The current lynx brp chainsaw mount is interesting. Although i have never been a fan of blade clamps especially with the weight of the motor dangling on the end.
It's not a bad mount but i can see room for improvement.
The reason i sit the chainsaw facing back to front is so that it doesn't snag on something or unbalance the sled. I've seen similar chainsaw mounts for the engine cab.
It's held on by steel tubing bolted to the chainsaw handle and cargo box. It has a large spring loaded pull lever as the locking pin.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I use the BRP chainsaw carrier and I am very pleased with it's performance. I throw an old helmet bag over the saw to keep snow dust from the saw. The convenience of having the saw ready to use is great.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I use the BRP chainsaw carrier and I am very pleased with it's performance. I throw an old helmet bag over the saw to keep snow dust from the saw. The convenience of having the saw ready to use is great.
That helmet bag is a fantastic idea! I’m going to adopt that myself!! I agree it’s nice to have the saw handy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
We're using BRP's chainsaw mount on our Skandic gen 4. It holds our professional grade midsize Husqvarna, and so far so good after one winter. We have'nt noticed undue vibration that could damage the chainsaw...Cath

1 - 8 of 8 Posts