Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, this may be a real basic and elementary question for some of you who are awesome and experienced riders...but I was wondering if you could help me with my chaincase ordeal. I have an MXZ-X 600 HO SDI (2005) and I love it - it's got great power but I keep messing up chains! Yes I have 1.5 in. studs in the track and I jump it alot on pretty hard packed snow...so it's probably the torque transfer to the chaincase that's shutting me down. Am I close? Can't I put a clutched gear in the case - like one of those racing sleds have - and fix the problem?? Help! Any ideas besides ride slower don't jump it or get a different sled?? Thanks. vinci

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The chain will stretch the most in the first 500miles. Check the tentioner bolt often as I think that most that are breaking chains are running them too loose.......

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
check every few miles to ensure is finger tight, I jump mine all the time when i ride and drag race, and never had problems of any sort. Make sure you use a good lube and the right linked chain 74-13 silent for a 600 H.O.

G

·
How are you messing up the chain. Is it breaking or just stretching or what ? The slipper gear will fit into your chaincase btw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts