Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welp, decided to do chaincase oil now and to me it looks like the previous owner never changed it. Not to mention the chain was flappy as all hell and now I'm wondering how tight it needs to be.

Yes that's a paper towel electrical tape bandaid btw

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
e87e86c9250d8d58015be38156e6a21e.jpg

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Never changed. Finger tight is the chain spec. Clean it up well, new oil and go.

Reactions: tokin247

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Beyond looking “used” it’s impossible to tell. What does the oil feel like as you rub it between your fingers? Is it gritty, rough or is it smooth, minor roughness? Clean the chaincase out with brake-Kleen, inspect chain, sprocket teeth, sprockets, for excess wear, security. Adjust chain to specs. Choose a good synthetic fill.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info gents, it was thinned out pretty good and the magnetic plug was covered pretty good. Just threw in some doo oil and went with the finger tight method

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Most used sleds I've purchased look that way. I change mine every year and it never looks like that after 1 season.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most used sleds I've purchased look that way. I change mine every year and it never looks like that after 1 season.
Ok, that's what I figured, I'm sure that stuff had at least a couple seasons on it.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Definetly more than one season. Like stated, change at the end of every season and be good to go.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts