Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing gears and the chain. I just pulled the lower gear snap ring and removed the lower gear off the drive axle.

BRP's parts diagram shows an o-ring (see attached image - part 1150). Looks like it's supposed to be in between the snap ring and gear.

I did not have an o-ring on mine. I've never had bits of o-ring in the oil when changing it (I've always pulled the cover completely). Anyone pull their lower gear recently (perhaps to do a track swap)? Did you have an o-ring on the lower gear?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I pulled that pic from Rockerdan's build thread, I don't see an Oring, I don't recall seeing one on my 17 Enduro 1200.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for confirming. Hopefully I'll have time to get her all back together before the snow next week. :D

The gear does have a decent amount of axial play....so it almost makes sense to have an o-ring in between the gear and bearing inner race, or between the e-clip and gear.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I think the o ring goes on the black plug that goes into the driveshaft
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I pulled mine off last season and determined that O-ring went behind that black plug as I never encountered it.

·
boost junkie
10,604 Posts
yes o-ring goes on the plug, and the plug is never removed

o-ring on the shaft goes on the brake side

Reactions: bar549
1 - 10 of 10 Posts