Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have 900 miles on my 05 600 HO and I am planning on changing the chain case oil before going on our 3 day annual trip. I have not picked up a shop manual for it yet can anyone help me out and let me know the torque for the bolts on the chaincase??

Also if someone can let me know how much oil to add. Save me adding and checking it 20 times.

Thanks guys. Happy riding!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Why would you take cover off???Drain oil thru oil drain plug..Then add 8.5 oz of oil Or 250 ml....No need to take cover off...un less you have a problem....

·
Shoooow meeee the POWDER!!
3,849 Posts
Rev Kev said:
captdoo said:
Why would you take cover off???Drain oil thru oil drain plug..Then add 8.5 oz of oil Or 250 ml....No need to take cover off...un less you have a problem....
[snapback]259853[/snapback]​
I always take the cover off to wash out ALL the old oil and metal and inspect the chain and gears

[snapback]259872[/snapback]​
Me too. I always take the cover off to further clean/inspect everything.
As for the torque, I usually just snug them up. The bolts are kinda shaped like a triangle if you look at them, so they will not easily turn out. Just snug them up good, but not too tight or else you'll strip the threads in the aluminum case.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
I like to take the cover off just to take a look inside. I use a little blue lock tite on it and tighten it like you would a tire on your car.

·
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
captdoo said:
To catch any problems before I'm 300 miles from home!

Anybody know the torque rating for the chain case bolts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Just snug them, unless you clean the treads inside and out you will get false readings and maybe go too tight and strip it. Just an even patern around and snug them up. The gasket will do the work. There is no preasure there so unless they were finger tight it won't leak.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
to my knowledge there is none. like some one said like a tire is we have ever done

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
05REVSTER said:
captdoo said:
To catch any problems before I'm 300 miles from home!

Anybody know the torque rating for the chain case bolts?

Thanks.
[snapback]260837[/snapback]​
Have never torqued mine, they have self locking bolts, so a torque wrench would be useless, just tighten them up "snug" not too tight as this is Aluminum.

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
the spec is 6 newton meters or 53 inch lbs with loctite

Rich

·
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GSX800HO said:
the spec is 6 newton meters or 53 inch lbs with loctite

Rich
[snapback]260867[/snapback]​
thanks

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
I'm quoting the shop manual for 05 revs !from the picture of the chaincase
Don't know where you got 62

Rich

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
Thats 440 case maybe ! I wouldn't want him to wreck his cas e because of over torque . At least we helped him !

Rich

1 - 16 of 16 Posts