Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m helping a buddy with a 2020 renegade adrenaline 850. He wanted to changed the chain case oil. I put an Allen wrench on it and before I loosened it noticed a bit of oil on it. We were confused so we got it on a lift and in the mean time most of the oil leaked out. I thought the plug was missing. It was in there though. We took the front cover off….ended up getting the plug out and the plug looks fine. It looks like a tiny crack in the chain case down in the threads but it’s really hard to see. We are still confused how or why the oil came out with the plug in. What does it take to get the back cover off? Looks like 3 or 4 fancy Rivets of some sort? Any suggestions? I got the plug back in and it’s not leaking the tiny bit of water down in the drain hole. I would feel better getting the back cover off and looking at the bottom good though I think.

· Super Moderator
17,038 Posts
My 2022 did the same thing. Had it in back of the garage for summer storage. One day noticed there was a spot on the floor. So I put a piece of cardboard there. About a month and no new stain. Then one day, one more small drip. I looked all over the sled and saw nothing. Then I took a picture with my phone looking up and the flash caught the Allen head with oil.

Took it in for its first service and recall work etc this fall. The service tech said there was no leaks at all and thinks the plug was just a hair loose. Been since October and no more drips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts