Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the weight of the chain case oil for a 2007 mxz 600. I was going to use something else besides the doo stuff. It's quite a bit more.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Likely 75w-90

The BRP oil history is:

413 801 900 Mineral 75W-90 GL-5
293 600 043 Synthetic 75W-90 GL-5
413 803 300 Synthetic 75W-140 GL-5
293 600 138 Synthetic

·
Registered
136 Posts
Klotz syn. Is fairly cheap compared to BRP. Dennis Kirk has some pretty good deals right now. Think I payed 9 bucks for a jug. BRP was around 20? When I looked.

Plus klotz is still a good name brand so you know you aren't cheaping out too much. All preference really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use Amsoil full synthetic ATF in both my sleds per recommendations on DooTalk. Not sure it's cheaper than BRP...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Correct me if wrong but haven't guys been using trans fluid for this? I stick with the BRP stuff personally. Change out at the start of each season and not worry. Compared to all of the other costs involved in the sport, I don't see a reason to cheap out on this part.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Klotz syn. Is fairly cheap compared to BRP. Dennis Kirk has some pretty good deals right now. Think I payed 9 bucks for a jug. BRP was around 20? When I looked.

Plus klotz is still a good name brand so you know you aren't cheaping out too much. All preference really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Klotz makes a chain case oil?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
I use any synthetic, 5w20, 5w30, ATF change every season never had a issue

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
837 Posts
Have used the Doo stuff, Klotz, and 10w40 motorcycle gear oil. Drain, pull cover, inspect and reset chain tension every season. Never had a problem nor has either shown to be better than the other.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Just about any lubricant will work in the chain case. Many use ATF, gear oil, engine oil and of course the OEM chain case oil. Use whatever you feel comfortable with and you'll be in a better position than someone who rarely changes it. Frequency of changing is more important that oil type IMO when it comes to chain case "oil".

FWIW - I use to run BRP oil and I've recently switched to Amsoil.

amsoil-chaincase-gear-oil.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts