Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into putting some different drive gears in my chain case i want more low end power and could care less about going 90mph, the teeth i have now are 22/43

what would happen if I installed This

09 SKI DOO SUMMIT 600 XP E-TEC HO CHAIN GEARS 19T 49T DRIVE STOCK OEM REV #0357

and would it fit???

thanks

George

2004 rev 600ho mxz x

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
That's too steep, plus I don't think that XP gears will work on a rev, I could be wrong.

Currently running 21/45 in my 500ss with a stock length chain. That's 2.15:1.

The 19/45 is 2.57

What are you wanting to accomplish with your machine? What do you have done to it now?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Top gear will work but the bottom gear from xp sled will not work. Can usually drop 2 teeth on top and retain stock chain. Your going 3 but also adding 6 on bottom. 2 teeth on bottom is same as 1 on top. So with a 19/49 you should be OK just have to get a 49T rev gear. I have one I'll sell, pm me if interested

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
agreed with 19/49 is really low gearing...and the xp lower gears are indeed different...there are plenty of options out there for your sled,myself I would probably go to the very common skidoo 45 tooth lower with your 22 top (you would also need a longer chain) then if you still want lower gearing go to a 21-20-19 top depending on how much lower you want once you have a 45 lower and chain,top gears are inexpensive to experiment with...just my 3cents...Hardy

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Looking into putting some different drive gears in my chain case i want more low end power and could care less about going 90mph, the teeth i have now are 22/43

what would happen if I installed This

09 SKI DOO SUMMIT 600 XP E-TEC HO CHAIN GEARS 19T 49T DRIVE STOCK OEM REV #0357

and would it fit???

thanks

George

2004 rev 600ho mxz x
Just drop 2 teeth on top, (keep same chain) and go have fun. you'll notice quite a difference with that alone. Plus you're only financially into 1 top gear and some fluid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, I trail ride a lot i don't run roads, or don't like to, and don't care who can go the fastest on the lakes. I want more power for the 25 mph to 50 range. Twisty fun trails here in Northern Wisconsin. Im gonna try dropping two teeth on the top 20/43 and keep the same chain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts