Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is the chain case magnet have so much dam metal on it at the end of every day even while using syn gear oil. all my old sleds without magnets produced same amount of metal for whole season when yearly chain case done with just regular gear oil. all my skidoo o5 & 06 riding buds sleds make alot of metal when you check stick at end of day. to much metal coming out.

·
RAIN IS NOT AN OPTION!
687 Posts
edlund said:
why is the chain case magnet have so much dam metal on it at the end of every day even while using syn gear oil. all my old sleds without magnets produced same amount of metal for whole season when yearly chain case done with just regular gear oil. all my skidoo o5 & 06 riding buds sleds make alot of metal when you check stick at end of day. to much metal coming out.

[snapback]716420[/snapback]​
I run like you and I too don't like the goo and metal at the end of the stick. I have seen the same color and amount on all my past sleds so I am not to worried.

·
Just doo it.
690 Posts
SD440zx said:
edlund said:

I run like you and I too don't like the goo and metal at the end of the stick. I have seen the same color and amount on all my past sleds so I am not to worried.

[snapback]716524[/snapback]​
I had metal on my magnet when the chain snapped and sliced the chaincase in half almost all the way around! Other than that, none that I notice.

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SD440zx said:
edlund said:

I had metal on my magnet when the chain snapped and sliced the chaincase in half almost all the way around! Other than that, none that I notice.
ok

·
Registered
189 Posts
SD440zx said:
edlund said:

ok
[/quote]
Normal wear and tear on gears and chain will produce metal shavings, NOT to be confused with metal chunks or pieces. Always looks like a lot, but it's just because it's attracted in such a tight ball because of magnet. Same would apply if you checked your daily driver car or truck.

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SD440zx said:
edlund said:

ok

ok
[/quote]
Normal wear and tear on gears and chain will produce metal shavings, NOT to be confused with metal chunks or pieces. Always looks like a lot, but it's just because it's attracted in such a tight ball because of magnet. Same would apply if you checked your daily driver car or truck.

[/quote]

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
?

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
edlund..........ski-doo revs are differnt than the past sleds you have owned.........yes the gas gauge is inacurate.....yes ski-doo's produce more metal shavings than others....if you don't like some of the things about your new ski-doo.....then maybe you should trade it in and buy a sled made by the brand you used to ride...........

Filling up this board with posts about things that have been covered 100 times allready, and were known about 4 years ago, is not going to change anything.......

sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
edlund please stop asking the same questions over and over and doo a search! You had 5 previous topics started on hot exhaust cans!

·
Registered
38 Posts
edlund,

I have had many sleds that show heavy fillings on the dip stick mag. It's not a big deal.......infact that is what the mag on the dipstick is for. It collects the fillings from the fluid so when you pull it you will wipe it clean and run. Back in the day when reverse was run by gears pulled by a fork if you used reverse.....you had 3 times the metal than those who just had sprockets and chains.
Clean it often and change your chain lube at least once a year....more doesn't hurt. Its not expensive to change case case oil.

·
one fast 98 mach-z
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

1 - 15 of 15 Posts