Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Central Square, Parish and north

491 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  440man 
#1 ·
Looking for a report on the Number 4 out of Penneville to Central Square, the on to Parish, Happy Valley, Williamstown, Redfield.

Thanks

#2 ·
Hey Sparks,yesterday we dropped at The Grist Mill and rode into Happy Valley.The trail was good ,but narrow not many sleds on it to widen.Also came back and rode to williamstown and up to Redfield,to Lake Effect and back to Osceola.All was good to very good except the stretch from Redfield to Lake Effect.I can't remember the name of the trail directly out of Redfield through the woods toward Little John but it was beat.The rest of the ride was great and the groomers were out from williamstown toward Redfield and Parish was out with theres widening the trails.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Went out this afternoon with the wife,first time on her sled that was interesting but not to bad.All the same run up to Redfield that is.All the water spots are frozen solid BUT,the groomers over groomed and brought all the stones to the top.It still is worth the ride but you have to dodge some pretty good size rocks here and there.Sparks,any chance you were out at the Grist Mill around 4:30 today?Saw a GSX 500ss and thought it might be you.Kevin

#5 ·
Nope, worked and at home. Going to ride south from Auburn tomorrow down to Bear swamp, Moravia and Tully area. It was 50/50 between that and running up through Parish but we found out some others buddies are heading south as well so we're hoping to run into them. I think snow cover is about the same. Next week I think I'll take Thursday and Friday off and head north. I can't believe it I'm finally going to ride.....YEAH....

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sparks, just rode through Parish. They have the most snow out of most of the hill(especially compared to the eastern side). Groomers were out packing and widening the trails, but they had no drags, except the redfield area, which they WERE grooming. Trails werw actaully GOOD for what snow we have to work with. The powerlines ARE frozen. There are stilll some rocks showing, but its mostly ice thats the problem. We are expecting 4-8'' of snow tommrow night, which will add even more base to the trails. This indeed should be the last good snow we need to get all groomers out. Have fun Sparks! Ride SAFE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.