Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Boulder Junction and the UP next week and I was wondering what cell phones work up there. Last year my Nextel didn't work. Anybody know what kind does or any kind of temperary phone I can buy that will work?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Cingular and verizon, nextel sucks

·
Registered
334 Posts
yeah nextel wont work past the bridge , no towers up there

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've have a trailor in the mobile home park in Boulder Jct. I have AT+T Wireless and a Siemens cell phone with tower search features. It doesn't work in that area. Best I can do is get 1 bar of 5. My friend has US Celluar, same thing, hit or miss 1-2 bars. If just one of the multitude of cell providers would pop up a tower in the area they make a killing on service switch overs.

Dont hold your breath any of the cells will work.

mps

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I went last week and got 1 from Cellular 1 in Marquette free phone and for $30 i got 100 minutes of air time. Used it twice in the middle of no where to call the chase truck for pickups. No one else had a signal i had a full 4 bars!!!!!!!!!!! You can also try Alltel they have great coverage in the UP also.

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
I've had the best luck with Verizon. The service is still spotty, but I seem to get some kind of signal when everyone else is just shaking their heads.

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Verizon worked well for me 2 weeks ago in Grand Marais.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a tracfone from Alltell I use when at my place on the East side of U.P. Works great as long as you leave it on so it can lock onto the closest tower. If you turn it off, it has to search and re-lock, which can take awhile. Plus the benefit of paying only for minutes you use.

Matt

·
Registered
373 Posts
verison

1 - 11 of 11 Posts