Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought someones nightmare hoping someone can help. 1998 summit 670x my first concern is the cdi box i figured out its the wrong box for the sled just wondering if anyone could tell me what cdi box i have part#897172871152-F. the sled is hard starting hot, the engine is a fresh rebuild (was starting hard hot before rebuild) could the wrong cdi box cause this??

words from the wise
when someone tells you "im not one of those guys thats going to screw you" this sled is perfect.... turn and RUN...
im starting to think the best way to buy a sled is blown up then you know what you bought!!!
thanks gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well my bad the part number is actually 415-111-800 the one i was going to replace it with is 512-059-220 searching the net i found out the 415 is the old cdi and the 512 is the new. When i removed the old cdi box found a 1 wire to have rubbed through on engine housing, fixed the wire and tested, after running for a while shut off and it started right away (that was easy)...
know i need help with wiring still have missing wires for the altitude comp. selinods does any one have a wiring and hosing schematic for a 98 670x ??? i have the factory manual no mention of any altitude comp
thanks gary

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
well my bad the part number is actually 415-111-800 the one i was going to replace it with is 512-059-220 searching the net i found out the 415 is the old cdi and the 512 is the new. When i removed the old cdi box found a 1 wire to have rubbed through on engine housing, fixed the wire and tested, after running for a while shut off and it started right away (that was easy)...
know i need help with wiring still have missing wires for the altitude comp. selinods does any one have a wiring and hosing schematic for a 98 670x ??? i have the factory manual no mention of any altitude comp
thanks gary
The Summit X has a service manual supplement for HAC (High Altitude Compensator). PM me, I think I have one...might be French though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts