Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 summit and I've wanted to get that thing to stand straight up, I've loosened the limiter strap one notch and didn't help much what else should I do my clutch clickers are all set at 3. Is it just the snow quality or is there something else I should try doing?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Limiter straps all the way loose. Front shocks soft. Front skid shock as stiff as it will go and rear torsion springs as soft as they will go.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Also make sure your hitting max rpm 7900-8000 at wide open throttle if not clicker up till your there. Stand as far back on the sled as you can if your really light then try standing on the tunnel hit the throttle full and pull back at the same time! I can tail stand my '15 summit 154" easily with stock clutching (I know have a clutch kit though) and the limiter strap in stock setting. I think you need at least 3-4 ft of snow to keep it going though

Reactions: Preemo01

·
Registered
351 Posts
You riding an XP or XM? What size track? My old XP I couldn't get it to tail stand at all on flat land had to be up a slight slope or hill it was a 154"

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Just put yer big girl panties on, grab a handfull of throttle, and pull back on the bars.... abracadabra, catwalking for days....

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I thought pulling the limiter strap tighter helps boon docking and walking the sled?
Also set the rear blocks at 1 setting.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My 154 has a 3 inch and run a 2 1/4 at home. Thing always seems to be able to stand up. Going to try heavier Springs in the rear of the skid to try and keep it down.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
I thought pulling the limiter strap tighter helps boon docking and walking the sled?
Also set the rear blocks at 1 setting.
Opposite actually, the limiter strap let out will keep the skid down and allow the front end to raise more. tighter strap = more ski pressure. looser = less ski pressure.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
To each his own. The last thing I want my mtn sled to do is cat walk. Having the limiter loose makes it trench and wheelie. Not what I'm looking to do. Having the skis 18" off the snow in a technical climb just s8cks.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
have my 146 set up for mountain riding to keep it from getting to trenchy, all my shocks are cranked and still is ridiculous, low elevation clutch kit actually helps for wheeling i think it keeps it from revving out too soon. have no trouble putting it right at 12 o'clock still. its almost too much sometimes

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I would back off the middle shock and pull the limiter up one hole from stock. That will help. Might need to pull it up 2 holes. Maybe that sled would be a good candidate for the quick adjust option.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would back off the middle shock and pull the limiter up one hole from stock. That will help. Might need to pull it up 2 holes. Maybe that sled would be a good candidate for the quick adjust option.

Tightening limiter strap will do the opposite of what you want.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm on a 163xm not changed anything from stock. Just gas her up a little bump and heave it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Don't forget about PAH! And if that doesn't work, slap a couple Monster stickers on your sled, those add about 5-8 hp each depending on how loud of a can you have

1 - 20 of 20 Posts